So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Remind me how much money from his business interests he has shifted to Dublin?

It's worth pointing out that JRM is co-founder and part-owner of that company. So any decision to set up another office of the company in Dublin was not solely down to him.

So what? It's like any other company moving their business over here, or the Caymans.

Why stop at JRM..? 

3 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

More to the point...what is his business relationship with the Cayman Islands?

Same as any other millionaire businessman using a tax haven for all its benefits.

It's none of anyone's business, really, as long as it's legally acceptable. 

44 minutes ago, quilp said:

Same as any other millionaire businessman using a tax haven for all its benefits.

It's none of anyone's business, really, as long as it's legally acceptable. 

Eh? Dear me.

With the amount of self-centred behaviour by our MP's thrown into sharp relief by the brexit shambles it's difficult to view the likes of Rees-Mogg without questioning his motivation.

Personally I would say guilty as charged.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Cheap prices do not always equate with good value.  By your reasoning McDonalds offers value.

This is true, but I wasn't basing the assessment solely on pricing. He actually does offer good value. It would not be my eatery of first choice, but on occasions where I've found myself arriving in a town with few other options in the evening, it has turned out to be very good. He has some really classy places.

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

The manager once told me that Spoons prices vary from pub to pub according to the local market and local taxes ie business rates..The price lists are not the same everywhere and also that if the outlet falls below a certain turnover it is closed due to tight margins. I repeat, Spoons down on my manor closed one of two outlets and the current wine list has about four varieties of Aussie wine and the prices are up. There is also Aussie Prosecco but that too is up in price. No EU wines and I think Tim just wants to cut back on the list at least on my manor. 

They do vary from place to place. They do close some sites routinely, but they are also opening more.

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

This is true, but I wasn't basing the assessment solely on pricing. He actually does offer good value. It would not be my eatery of first choice, but on occasions where I've found myself arriving in a town with few other options in the evening, it has turned out to be very good. He has some really classy places.

They do vary from place to place. They do close some sites routinely, but they are also opening more.

Wetherspoons...... classy....... You need to up your expectations woolley. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

The irony is one Spoons is in a former job centre complete with signing on booths. Some punters say it is home from home like they never left..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Is my grammar and syntax really that poor? I don't think so somehow.

I would call Rees-Mogg's motives very questionable.

So rather than "guilty as charged" it's now "very questionable."

What was that about really poor grammar and syntax..? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1