Hooded Ram Beer Shop

TheTeapot

Well now, that place could have a dangerous effect on my finances, thank goodness I'm not in Douglas too often. They have an INCREDIBLE selection of beer. There must be over 100 different types. Treated myself to a couple of bottles of Crazy Pink Elephant beer (Delerium Tremens) which used to be my favourite beer in the whole world. Good luck to the owners, and I apologise for trying to use your shop as little as possible!

Expensive though, and check the sell by date on things - the kegs of Budvar they were selling last month expire this month. The Whiskey was super priced too, Tesco had some Lagavulin for £52, whilst it was £60 in the Hooded Ram shop

It is quite expensive yes, but fucking hell there is some choice!

Dunno why you'd buy budvar there, you can get it pretty much everywhere and they have all those other beers to try.

Suspect its the kegs that Tarne is talking about. I have never seen them anywhere else. I usually buy the bottles from tesco.

There's plenty of places where you can get reasonably priced beer but this is a wonderful option for top quality and unusual beer

Any price difference would be offset by having to pay shipping for a crate over here

.. Private enterprise in action.

You do know who has an interest in the brewery now, don't you ????

I for one am delighted for Rob to have such an investor involved as it broadens the distribution chain and hopefully ensures the success of the venture.

Yeah, it seems like a really good thing, and the investment certainly seems to have been put to very good use in the redevelopment of the clinches site. I heard that the brewery itself was going to move to the two buildings next to the railway too? There is also a sign on the old garage round the corner for 'seven kingdom distillery'. Anyone know anything about that?

I'm glad the investor guy has stuck around after being fucked about over that family pub thing he wanted to open.

Archived