sound cafe?

doc.fixit

If that is yours from the West I do hope the catering has come on...

Hello SJR. The catering truck isn't mine.. it is a temporary measure that MNH put in whilst refurbishments are taking place so that there would be a limited catering service during weekends and half term, mainly so that there would be someone on site to open the toilets. Kind regards, Sam

• 1 month later...

Should be a licence to make very good money down there

I think that is the mistake others, including Dobbo, make.

Bit of a captive customer base when the sound is probably the most scenic and beautiful place on the island.

The place had been neglected for a while along with the quality of food and I often got the impression that customers were treated like visitors to the islands hotels in days gone by, as in charged too much for little as there was always another one tomorrow.

I wish Sam T and his firm the very best in their venture and I'm sure the place will be much better than before as last time we went down, they were filling skips with all the kitchen equipment.

Good evening dilligaf (is it wrong that I read your user name in a "Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson" voice?)

It is somewhat facile for me to say that we are entering into our contract with Heritage with a "different mindset", but hopefully we will show that we are. I am hugely aware that, commercial relationships aside, we are stewards for one of the Island's premier spots and we are hoping to do it justice. This means both in terms of the food quality and, more importantly, the level of customer service. It is going to be challenging, but I trust that the things we can bring to the table, both literal and metaphorical, will be a significant asset to the island.

We went down there late on this afternoon and I am very pleased to say that the place is now spotless, including doors, floors, and one can see through the windows now they are clean.

Well done to the new lease holder for turning around what had become a dirty, run down embarrassment.

I should also add that there was a fantastic selection of cakes etc on display and the service was first class too.

Again, well done and thanks. thumbsup.gif

• Like 3

Oo, I wonder if the Cullen skink is still on the menu?

Not sure, but it would not matter what you order, as I doubt you would be disappointed.

I am so pleased it has changed hands now. It certainly shows now just how bad it was before. smile.png

• 5 years later...
On 2/15/2017 at 3:40 PM, Sam T said:

smile.png No, I'm not the same people although, in the spirit of full disclosure, my business partner is the franchisee for CR(IOM) and my wife currently manages their Castletown store (though she's heading up the road with me when we open)

Kind regards

Sam

Busted.

• Confused 1