sound cafe?

doc.fixit

Change the coffee, that last lot was tripe in coffee cup.

Good evening x-in-man, rest assured we will be changing the coffee. We will be introducing freshly ground espresso drinks (from a bona fide Barista machine I hasten to add) as well as a good quality filter coffee.

Kind regards

Sam

I am very excited about the reopening even though it is as far away as physically possible from me on the IOM

Good evening Rhumsaa, hopefully you and your Dad will make it down for Sunday lunch: It won't be a carvery, but it will be up to my usual standards.

• Like 1

Should be a licence to make very good money down there

I think that is the mistake others, including Dobbo, make.

Bit of a captive customer base when the sound is probably the most scenic and beautiful place on the island.

The place had been neglected for a while along with the quality of food and I often got the impression that customers were treated like visitors to the islands hotels in days gone by, as in charged too much for little as there was always another one tomorrow.

I wish Sam T and his firm the very best in their venture and I'm sure the place will be much better than before as last time we went down, they were filling skips with all the kitchen equipment.

• Like 1

Knock it down bring back the wooden shed with giant mushrooms outside (honest) with none of the pretentious crap served up a "cuisine" at inflated prices.

Without the longtails though. I watch one calmly walk along the floor between tables once. It was huge too, "Litts" would have been proud of it ohmy.png

• Like 1

Should be a licence to make very good money down there

I think that is the mistake others, including Dobbo, make.

Bit of a captive customer base when the sound is probably the most scenic and beautiful place on the island.

The place had been neglected for a while along with the quality of food and I often got the impression that customers were treated like visitors to the islands hotels in days gone by, as in charged too much for little as there was always another one tomorrow.

I wish Sam T and his firm the very best in their venture and I'm sure the place will be much better than before as last time we went down, they were filling skips with all the kitchen equipment.

Good evening dilligaf (is it wrong that I read your user name in a "Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson" voice?)

It is somewhat facile for me to say that we are entering into our contract with Heritage with a "different mindset", but hopefully we will show that we are. I am hugely aware that, commercial relationships aside, we are stewards for one of the Island's premier spots and we are hoping to do it justice. This means both in terms of the food quality and, more importantly, the level of customer service. It is going to be challenging, but I trust that the things we can bring to the table, both literal and metaphorical, will be a significant asset to the island.

• Like 2

Good evening x-in-man, rest assured we will be changing the coffee. We will be introducing freshly ground espresso drinks (from a bona fide Barista machine I hasten to add) as well as a good quality filter coffee.

Kind regards

Sam

Are we to expect City of London type pricing on the food and drinks?

Edited by Neil Down
  • Like 1

Kind regards

Sam

Are we to expect City of London type pricing on the food and drinks?

only for the visitors, there will be a lower tariff for the comeovers, and an even lower tariff for the stayovers and those who can prove they are purebloods.

i was in coffee republic once. a big range rover car pulled up and parked half on the pavement across the road. a bloke got out, strolled in and walked beĥind the counter, then helped himself to a few cákes. he was preßumably the owner. he had a quick wôrd with the ßtaff änd left to fill ĥîs face.

uñprofessional, unhygenic, arrogant

Edited by Barlow Strada