Jonno...

Albert Tatlock

Johnny B Goode had a steady and significant presence on Manx Forums. It was always good to get the latest news of upcoming events.

The events Jonno put on brought joy to people and he gave a platform to countless local musicians on the way to achieving their dreams. I admire him for all the work and effort he put into what he did, and he was prepared to take a hit if necessary. What price a hobby and interest? Brilliant stuff. He has left a great legacy alright, to many and in so many ways.

Nice one Jonno. Nice one.

Never really got to know Jonno but I'm saddened by this news. I went to many of the concerts he promoted, and his infectious enthusiasm and love of the music really became a part of everything he put on. He was as much a fan as anyone else in the audience for the wonderful musicians he brought over or helped promote; whether well known or supporting our own local talent. There were a few memorable occasions when he'd probably stretched himself and taken a risk in bringing over a really big name; but to see his face lit up at the end of the night when they'd gone down a storm to a full house is how I'll remember him. Farewell to a great friend of the Isle of Man. Things won't quite be the same.

Archived