IOM Beer & Cider Festival 2017

Rhumsaa

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to it, though not sure if it'll be taxi or bus home - both have a high risk of vomit!

I've been to a few beer festivals in my time, never been sick or saw sickie people. Never had a hangover either.

Never been sick, but I always make the mistake of getting tasty sounding porters and stouts without checking the strenght first

One year I woke up to find I'd ordered an iPad at the festival. In the earlier days I went over the the Woodie after the afternoon session and was still falling off the pavement by the time I'd walked home (about 3 miles)

The Woodie will still do ok, but it did really well when the Beer Festival was at the Masonic.

I went to the first one at the Masonic. Demand was high and the queue to get in was long. Some of us had travelled so we stuck it out. By the time we got in, I think it was about 8pm on the Friday (? must have been the Saturday perhaps) all the beer had run out and we ended up drinking tins of Tennants from behind the bar! It was good though. Then went to Woodie to drink that green stuff.

The next one was a bit better when there was an overflow tent, and then the next at the Villa, which of course was a massive queue fest. Last year was spot on I'd say. It's taken a few years but I think they have finally got there.

Hats off to the organisers for staying with it.

Archived