The Gardening Thread

TheDruid-3X3

Here is my Allotment this morning after I posted my Celtic Buddhist Dedication Sign:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31767&d=1495

My Green Peas are doing Great and there are some Jerusalem Artichoke is coming up.  I Planted in the last of my Romaine Lettuce Seeds in one ditch effort to see if I can get some Romaine Lettuce going.  I found a Large Korean Wild Sesame Sprout in the Garden in another spot of the Allotment.  So I dug in some more Manure Soil into the Korean Wild Sesame area of the Allotment and then dug up the Korean Wild Sesame Sprout I found and put it into its proper area.

Here is a Closeup of my Celtic Buddhist Dedication Sign:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31766&d=1495

I then spent the rest of the day pulling Weeds out of the Temple Building Septic Field and then did a planting of some Herbs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31768&d=1495

Here is the Lemon Balm:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31769&d=1495

Here is the Thyme:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31770&d=1495

Here is the Oregano:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31771&d=1495

And here is a Rose that Grew In by itself:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31772&d=1495

When they Grow, the Herbs can be Harvested and Packaged Up and Sold for make a few $$$ for the Community Garden.

3X3

We got a lot of Snow last Winter but usually in the Lower Mainland of the Pacific West Coast we get more Rain than Snow.  But the rest of Canada gets really Cold and lots of Snow.  Right now, the Temperatures average about 20* Celsius which is the perfect Temperature for Sowing Crops and Gardens.

3X3

Edited by TheDruid-3X3

• 2 weeks later...

Awens to All:

I got Hired to Work Weekend doing Gardening at the Community Garden clearing Weeds from Garden Allotments that no one has Rented this year.

Here is a Picture of the Allotment I Cleared Today:

5933846014fbb_2017-06-03Weeding.jpg.802a2be2084533ed62ffe7a6d6eba707.jpg

Tomorrow I have finish it off and then turn the Soil with Compost.

3X3

On 2017-5-16 at 5:53 PM, guzzi said:

Just chill and have a doobie, Inspector.

I once offered Inspector Rebus a doobie.

OK, it was a fake doobie and I was playing the part of a thug, but in the magic world of TV it did actually happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Bear said:

I once offered Inspector Rebus a doobie.

OK, it was a fake doobie and I was playing the part of a thug, but in the magic world of TV it did actually happen.

Well, as I remember, Rebus was pretty rock 'n roll.  Did he smoke it?

If there's any keen gardening contributors to this thread with any spare time on their hands would they like to pop up to the Mooragh Park in Ramsey, it's in dire need of some attention if some of the pictures on some of the Commissioners personal Facebook pages are anything to go by....what a shambles....

Yesteday I got in another 8 Hours Work on Garden Allotment Restorations.

Here is the Finished Garden Allotments after Restoration:

59355561957c5_RestoredGarden06-04.jpg.dad80f58bfdc1768f20e6fb84aed38f1.jpg

5935557b1d407_RestoredAllotment06-04.jpg.79d9c5ebf1dc0824410894028454a685.jpg

And after my Paid Work was done at 4pm, I did some of my own Gardening.  Here is some Chili Plants I put into my own Allotment:

593555c54dbce_PlantedChilis.jpg.f4858b79874572a8d101c1b98d345cc2.jpg

While pulling out the Weeds, I did find a small patch of Green Onions that I dug up and put into my Allotment right next to my Chives.

This Weekend, after calculating my Time, I made $225.00 doing Community Garden Allotment Restorations.

3X3

17 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

If there's any keen gardening contributors to this thread with any spare time on their hands would they like to pop up to the Mooragh Park in Ramsey, it's in dire need of some attention if some of the pictures on some of the Commissioners personal Facebook pages are anything to go by....what a shambles....

If you mean the side nearest the sea then the bushes and hedges are trimmed, but the grass is allowed to grow wild at this time of year "meadow style" deliberately.

I really like it.  The natural growth is varied and interesting.

Having been in the park today I'd say it's looking fine.

• Like 2