The Gardening Thread

TheDruid-3X3

IMG_3678.thumb.jpg.5e2da1071c216ecec964073b41a796b8.jpg

Spring is here, and I have taken the plunge and rented an allotment.  Growing hanging baskets in my back garden was like a gateway drug.  It was OK at first but after a while I just didn't get the same buzz from it and I needed more.  I tried geraniums and pansies - didn't think there was any harm in it.  Then I was irresistibly drawn to the hard stuff, Brussels sprouts, peas, tomatoes, that sort of thing.  I couldn't walk past a garden centre without buying stuff.  So now I've been thrown out by my family and told to go do it on the allotment.  

Above is a picture of my allotment, which at present is a sad looking patch of weeds, old tyres and other junk.  Also by the look of it a few resident rabbits.  This what happens to gardeners when they hit rock bottom.  However, over the next six months I am planning to transform this into a food forest.  Watch this space.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Today, I got to do the First Harvest from my Strawberry Patch in the Herb Garden that I built at the Buddhist Temple Community Garden.

Here is the Strawberry Patch and the Strawberries:

attachment.php?attachmentid=34776&d=1559

And here is a close up of the Strawberries:

attachment.php?attachmentid=34777&d=1559

Nothing Tastes Better than Fresh Organically Grown Strawberries! burger.gif

3X3

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Reminder: the IOM is on Gardeners' World at 9pm tonight, re. Laxey allotment.

Further to my post earlier this year about my crusade to transform my own allotment from a sad looking patch of weeds into a food forest, four months later it is looking like...er...well, enough said, I'll post another photo at some point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...