The Gardening Thread

TheDruid-3X3

9 hours ago, notwell said:

Looked fine the other week when I was up there.   Some people are not happy unless they are moaning and having a snipe

And some people are not happy unless they are constantly arguing, belittling, and generally throwing their weight around all day shouting at people on a pathetic Internet forum as they haven't got a life. 

2 hours ago, hboy said:

And some people are not happy unless they are constantly arguing, belittling, and generally throwing their weight around all day shouting at people on a pathetic Internet forum as they haven't got a life. 

For the second time today - hahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Awens to All:

Today I got a lot of Trimming Done this Weekend at the Community Garden.

Here is a couple of Bushes before I Trimmed them:

5950409d03fe6_TwoOvergrownBushes.jpeg.c8eccba1c630b53a013d7ddccdd13fcf.jpeg

And After Trimming them:

595040d715dc9_TwoTrimmedBushes.jpeg.7e28c0b26953e572808296fa4b074076.jpeg

And one of my Herbology Meetup Group Member stated that they are interested in getting a hold of a Herb called Cleavers so I took a Picture of some of them.  They are all over the Community Garden and here is a Bunch that are in a Ditch I was Trimming:

5950427c20087_CleaversInGardenDitch.jpg.867b7a9adf9e055f3a36f0d44480a024.jpg

So those are my Latest Gardening Pictures!

3X3

On 6/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, hboy said:

It is not that they are Happy about it.

Those that usually Constantly Argue, Belittle and Throw Their Weight Around all Day Shouting at People are usually 'Sociopaths'.

3X3

Cleavers is a nightmare, very invasive. I would not really call it a herb, although it can be eaten as a wild vegetable.  Personally, I regard a herb as a plant used for its flavour and cleavers just tastes like bitter greens, a bit like spinach.

33 minutes ago, guzzi said:

Cleavers is a nightmare, very invasive. I would not really call it a herb, although it can be eaten as a wild vegetable.  Personally, I regard a herb as a plant used for its flavour and cleavers just tastes like bitter greens, a bit like spinach.

And who doesn't love spinach?

Actually, Spinach is way Over Rated!

I actually did some Research into Spinach to see if it has any Wonderful Medicinal Properties to it and I found out the following:

Although is does not make you Big and Strong as depicted in the Popeye Cartoons, Spinach is relatively Rich in Nitrogenous Substances, in Hydrocarbons, and in Iron. It is thus more Nourishing than other Green Vegetables. It is a valuable part of the Diet for People who are suffering Anemia. Not only is Spinach good for Anemia because of its Iron Content, but also for its Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is known to have a Chemical Formula remarkably similar to that of Hemoglobin, and it is stated that the Ingestion of Chlorophyll will raise the Hemoglobin of the Blood without increasing the Formed Elements.

But of Herbal Medicinal Benefits, Spinach has relatively few.

Of Spinach, Nicholas Culpeper wrote:
It is more used for food than medicine, being a good boiled sallad, and much eaten in the spring, being useful to temper the heat and sharpness of the humours; it is cooling and moistening, diuretic, and rendersthe body soluble.

3X3

4 minutes ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Actually, Spinach is way Over Rated!

I actually did some Research into Spinach to see if it has any Wonderful Medicinal Properties to it and I found out the following:

Although is does not make you Big and Strong as depicted in the Popeye Cartoons, Spinach is relatively Rich in Nitrogenous Substances, in Hydrocarbons, and in Iron. It is thus more Nourishing than other Green Vegetables. It is a valuable part of the Diet for People who are suffering Anemia. Not only is Spinach good for Anemia because of its Iron Content, but also for its Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is known to have a Chemical Formula remarkably similar to that of Hemoglobin, and it is stated that the Ingestion of Chlorophyll will raise the Hemoglobin of the Blood without increasing the Formed Elements.

But of Herbal Medicinal Benefits, Spinach has relatively few.

Of Spinach, Nicholas Culpeper wrote:
It is more used for food than medicine, being a good boiled sallad, and much eaten in the spring, being useful to temper the heat and sharpness of the humours; it is cooling and moistening, diuretic, and rendersthe body soluble.

3X3

Thanks for ruining my body building regime Druid

• 2 weeks later...

Awens to All:

Here is a Picture of my First Harvesting of Fresh Green Peas that I picked last Saturday:

5964cd552fe0b_GreenPeas1stPicking.JPG.30104ca367d42cd85d01edff40d7e2aa.JPG

There are a lot more Pods that are filling out so I will be Picking a lot more in the Near Future.

And the Sacred Celtic Sabbath of Lughnasad is the Celebration of the Reaping of the First Early Harvests so my Picking my First Harvest of Green Peas is the way I am starting my Lughnasad Celebrations.

Namaste!

3X3

• 7 months later...

Awens to All:

Got in my First Day of this Spring Season digging in my Allotment.

Today, the Birds were starting to do their Mating Calls including several Humming Birds and a couple of Ravens.

And I also saw the First Honey Bees today:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33114&d=1520

While doing a session of Weed Pulling, I took note of my Chives stirring and starting to Grow:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33113&d=1520

I dug up the Center Third of my Allotment and after Turning the Soil, put in my Crop of Green Pea Seeds:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33115&d=1520

And here is my Post with the Green Pea Package. They are called "Mr.Big" Variety:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33117&d=1520

It was a Beautiful Afternoon for Digging The Allotment!

3X3

..........onion seeds potted, spuds chitting and teasel seeds potted..................got to wait for everything else until April, however the strawberries are just showing their new leaves...........oh yes, the hedge cuttings are planted out and doing quite well..............

• Like 1

Mating calls heard from Ramsey birds in the pub on Saturday night.

Cut me back weeds yesterday afternoon. Some of them getting choked by grass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1