The Gardening Thread

TheDruid-3X3

On 5/19/2017 at 1:49 PM, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Here is the Harvest of Chives from my Garden:

Chives.jpg.f78b1a5616a6b2e933fb2ef5b5ea4e9d.jpg

And here they are after my Chopping them up for 2 Hours:

591e6af0abff0_ChivesChoppedUp.jpg.87f5a10a2e2a8679054eed9b5b81ee2e.jpg

Those Chives are going to be used by the Cloverdale Legion for their Rodeo Steak BarBQ this Weekend.

3X3

Love your chives and they make me feel hungry when I look at then chopped up, but your stove-top needs a bit of a clean.

I took some Seeds from a Red Belle Pepper that I was making some Chili Con Carne with and planted them in a Pot as an Experiment to see if Store Bought Belle Pepper Seeds would Grove.

Just got Home from Work and this is what I find:

Red Belle Pepper

Seeds from a Store Belle Pepper Grow NP.

3X3

Then there was so many Sprouts coming out of that one Little Pot that I divided them up into Three Little Pots:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33137&d=1521

My one Tray of Echinacea is doing so well that I have started a 2nd Tray of Echinacea.

I might have all sorts of Seedlings successfully coming up from my First Tray of Echinacea that I decided to get some more to maybe put up for Sale at the June Buddhist Festival.

Unfortunately, there has been Nothing coming up from my Tray of Cayenne Pepper Seeds. It is starting to look like the Cayenne Pepper Seeds I bought were Duds.

3X3

• Like 1

It's lighthearted stuff, I like the Druid, he's a good poster. You know what, I used to get a bit paranoid about some of the treatment I'd get from some of the mod team on MF, couldn't see the need, but then I saw the bizarre bullying vitriol meted out to our harmless friend from over the water and thought, wow, how odd. The problem doesn't after all lie with me. Funny really. 

• Like 2

So today after Work, I got changed and for heading down to the Temple Garden.

When I got Home, I took a quick Picture of my Tray of Cabbage Sprouts which are doing Very Good:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33141&d=1521

First thing I did was put up the Celtic Buddhistic Mantra on my Allotment and started 3 Sticks of Incense Burning.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33139&d=1521

And here is a Closeup of the Celtic Buddhistic Mantra:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33140&d=1521

I then got to it and Planted Three Lavender Plants that I bought:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33142&d=1521

The Lavender is a Perennial Herb so I am putting that in to replace the Basil which turns out to be Annual Herb. I am trying to build a Herb Garden full of Perennial Herbs so I decided to replace the part of the Herb Garden that I had the Basil in with Lavender.

Unfortunately, the Rosemarie and Marjoram that I put in last Spring appears to have not survived the Winter so I will have to give those another try.

But my Thyme shows signs of doing well:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33143&d=1521

And my Cat Nip is showing signs of Growth:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33144&d=1521

After doing that, I pruned another of their Bushes for them and then did some Zen Meditation.

I gave the Monks a Gift of a Package of Incense Sticks and a Check for $10.00 to cover the amount of Cans & Bottles I took in to Exchange to raise a few $$ for their Temple.

After getting back Home, I put in the rest of my Cabbage Seeds into the 2 Trays where none of the Seeds I planted came up. I hope to have a lot of Cabbage Plants to put into the Garden as I Love Cabbage Rolls.

3X3

• Like 1

Well done Druid. The cabbage seedlings look a wee bit leggy, try to put them in good light where they aren't having to 'reach out' for it. You might want to create a herb garden for your thyme, lavender etc.. A lot of herbs, including thyme, don't do well in a fertile soil. Go for a limy soil with plenty of gravel and don't add any fertilisers.  They like Mediterranean habitats with thin, poor soils.

Good luck.

• Like 1