IOM Police Awards.

hagar the horrible

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hagar the horrible said:

https://twitter.com/TweetbeatIOM

Are there any cops who didn't get an award?

Maybe you should try doing their job. I wouldn't, not even for twice their pay.

Why would you want to knock or mock these awards ?

Every one of us has an arsehole, but some are only that, arseholes. Think about it.

3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

13 policepeople win a bravery award for standing off 1 man with a samurai sword and a chainsaw with no petrol? Come on dilli

And the award for getting the most awards goes to .. 

13 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

13 policepeople win a bravery award for standing off 1 man with a samurai sword and a chainsaw with no petrol? Come on dilli

The police run towards incidents like this.  Me, you and most would be running the other way.  I have no problem with them getting a well deserved pat on the back.  

4 minutes ago, studmuffin said:

The police run towards incidents like this.  Me, you and most would be running the other way.  I have no problem with them getting a well deserved pat on the back.  

Well said fella.

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

It was a standoff. Members of the public idly gazing on were at as much risk. Without body armour i may add

Bullshit.

They chose to be rubbernecks, whereas the Police Officers HAD to be there. Big difference.

7 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It was a standoff. Members of the public idly gazing on were at as much risk. Without body armour i may add

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-head-stand-off-man-pleads-guilty-to-affray/

hardly a standoff when two police officers got injured and the guy was tasered? Think the officers were slightly more at risk than any member of public whom might have been 'idly gazing on'.

from what I can see, the list given by the original poster provides around 20 or so members of the public who were also given awards today. Congratulations to all those at the ceremony today, both cops and otherwise.

Awards is an industry nowadays. Look at that bash they have at the Villa Marina every year. Harmless, I suppose, so long as you don't let it go to your head. My favourite is the award for broader policing. Plenty of competition for that one.

In the last month or so we've seen the police run towards danger. Today the fire brigade helping people in a horrific fire in London.  

Everyone today deserved their awards that's including the members of the public. Fact is we actually have a decent police force over here. People won't like the police and will always look to moan about them that's fine but they do a decent job over here. As for the job pointed out let me tell you the officers done more than just stand back. One of the officers was lucky not to lose a hand after being struck by a samurai sword which damaged his taster. 

Archived