Daily Wail Branded An 'Open Sewer'

P.K.

4 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Telegraph still is isn't it ? Haven't read it in a while but it is / was always hands down the best looking newspaper since the Times downsized. Beautiful layout and typefaces; great for sport, and the best crossword in town. A gentleman's newspaper....:)

Our old headmaster used to talk about the Daily Telegraph crossword. One day he was asked, doubtfullly, how he got on (there were a couple of particularly tough clues). "Oh I've completed it" he proclaimed. One of the staff later saw his paper and saw that it wasn't even filled in. The teacher was a brave man but also diplomatic, and managed to pull him up on this. "Oh, I don't bother filling them in anymore" was his reply. Right enough, he reeeled off any answer that was discussed.

I used to sit in the corner and read my Sun and attempt its crossword (it was in the days before page 3 and before there was any stigma that only stupid people read it)

2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hendopolis/status/794299942818971649/photo/1

Not only the Mail who saw the Supreme Count putting the law before the electorate. That is their job of course. Fewer people made a fuss about the Telegraph doing it. Smaller readership & not as successful as the Wail. 

Errr excuse me Mr C but the law is there to protect the rights of ALL the citizens of the UK whether or not they voted Remain or Leave.

So attacking the Judiciary is an attack on those safeguarding our rights as UK citizens.

But hell, it's not known as the Torygraph for nothing so of course they will wade in to back the Maybot.

Sure it's a complete and utter disgrace but it's simply what the Barclay brothers want.

The worrying thing is the readership just can't see that. Which doesn't say anything good about the readership......

3 hours ago, Craig King said:

Our old headmaster used to talk about the Daily Telegraph crossword. One day he was asked, doubtfullly, how he got on (there were a couple of particularly tough clues). "Oh I've completed it" he proclaimed. One of the staff later saw his paper and saw that it wasn't even filled in. The teacher was a brave man but also diplomatic, and managed to pull him up on this. "Oh, I don't bother filling them in anymore" was his reply. Right enough, he reeeled off any answer that was discussed.

I used to sit in the corner and read my Sun and attempt its crossword (it was in the days before page 3 and before there was any stigma that only stupid people read it)

There was a chap at KWC who used to sometimes set The Telegraph crossword IIRC.

Archived