Daily Wail Branded An 'Open Sewer'

P.K.

And the opinion of a lot of others it would appear....

But sure, it's just the opinion of just some bloke on the t'interweb.

But really Dilli, defending The Daily Wail, have you no pride....?

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

And the opinion of a lot of others it would appear....

But sure, it's just the opinion of just some bloke on the t'interweb.

But really Dilli, defending The Daily Wail, have you no pride....?

Are there really any neutral papers out there ? Come on they are all tailored towards who they think will buy them.

The UK press is judged to be the most right-wing in Europe. You only have to look at the Brexit and recent election output to see just how dreadful the vast majority are.

And surely the front runner out of all the rabble rousing nonsense has to be The Daily Wail.

They are having a go at the Grauniad. There's a reason for that. Unlike most UK rags the Grauniad is owned by a trust. So it has a tendency to tell it like it is. No proprietor agenda dictating the content.

The Daily Wail don' t like a newspaper that directly contradicts the nonsense they are pushing ie according to The Grauniad the coming Brexit is a huge shit sandwich and Saint Theresa of U-Turn really fucked up election wise. Whereas according to The Daily Wail the Maybot will lead us all down The Yellow Brick Road to no EU, no Johnny Foreigner which will make the UK The Land of Milk and Honey.

I know which one I would rather read....

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The UK press is judged to be the most right-wing in Europe. You only have to look at the Brexit and recent election output to see just how dreadful the vast majority are.

And surely the front runner out of all the rabble rousing nonsense has to be The Daily Wail.

They are having a go at the Grauniad. There's a reason for that. Unlike most UK rags the Grauniad is owned by a trust. So it has a tendency to tell it like it is. No proprietor agenda dictating the content.

The Daily Wail don' t like a newspaper that directly contradicts the nonsense they are pushing ie according to The Grauniad the coming Brexit is a huge shit sandwich and Saint Theresa of U-Turn really fucked up election wise. Whereas according to The Daily Wail the Maybot will lead us all down The Yellow Brick Road to no EU, no Johnny Foreigner which will make the UK The Land of Milk and Honey.

I know which one I would rather read....

4king hell. I thought I was a cynic :o

Just now, dilligaf said:

Just telling it like it is.

However what is really appalling is that The Grauniad is going tabloid!

I've a good mind to cancel my subscription.

17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

No much cynicism in there Dilli - PK pretty well sums the Mail up. But we shouldn't  be surprised - it's been a reactionary mouthpiece since the thirties at least and was vocal, long and loud, in favour of developments in Germany. The editor, Paul Dacre, is reviled among the media as a foul-mouthed bully, and largely detested by the staff, it is said. Take a look at this - and yes it is from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/may/14/is-paul-dacre-most-dangerous-man-in-britain-daily-mail

The headline in the Mail branding the Appeal Court judges who simply upheld the rule of law in the Gina Miller Brexit case as "Enemies of the People" reveals the true colour of the paper... especially as they highlighted that one of them was a "openly gay former Olympic fencer". Which make poor judges...gay men or fencers? Vile. 

The proprietor of the Mail is Lord Rothernere. Here's a picture apparently of his great-grandfather, with another man. You judge a man, and a newspaper, by the company he keeps.

The Guardian is undeniably left-leaning, but it's a far better written, much more balanced platform of opinion than the Mail. Under a former editor, David English, it was tolerably right of centre. These days, the Dacre Mail is a poisonous font of xenophobic, mysoginistic, Little Englander hate. Open sewer...? Yeah, I'd say so.

Edited to add - the picture didn't display..shame! Anyway, it was that German chap with a fondness for goose-stepping and silly mustache. Not a good role model I'd have said.

Ironic given the Huff Post is itself a pile of biased partisan dung, completely in bed with the Democratic National Convention and a spewer of fake news. I don't particularly like the Daily Mail but I do enjoy reading the comments section on their site - always entertaining.

35 minutes ago, llap said:

Ironic given the Huff Post is itself a pile of biased partisan dung, completely in bed with the Democratic National Convention and a spewer of fake news. I don't particularly like the Daily Mail but I do enjoy reading the comments section on their site - always entertaining.

I'm with you there. They're like the Hitler Youth fan pages. 

There's some right shite on this thread from people showing off how politically clued up they are, and that tired and shagged out old cliche about the Mail. It's like watching an episode of HIGNFY.  Oh, and by the way, the Guardian went tabloid about twenty years ago. You must have missed that. 

45 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

There's some right shite on this thread from people showing off how politically clued up they are, and that tired and shagged out old cliche about the Mail. It's like watching an episode of HIGNFY.  Oh, and by the way, the Guardian went tabloid about twenty years ago. You must have missed that. 

Technically The Guardian is a Berliner, although it is meant to go Tabloid next year. Are there any actual Broadsheets left, they're a bugger to read unless you're an origami master.

3 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Are there any actual Broadsheets left, they're a bugger to read unless you're an origami master.

I saw a city-type reading a broadsheet on the tube many years ago. He utilised the double longitudinal fold method to make it just a bit narrower than an A4 sheet. Blew my mind.

Archived