Bold Gull strikes

hissingsid

10 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Moorhouse apparently used to teach economics to the kids of the south before getting elected.  Since being elected he comes across – when he utters anything mind – as a cretin.  He should consider…it’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

In a field packed with credible candidates, Moorhouse is holding a narrow lead in the competition to be acknowledged as the poorest of the new intake. But only because Ann Corlett appears to have been abducted so we've no idea what she's like.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Jason on the premise that he had a better than most understanding of fiscal policy and was noted for his investment prowess and understanding of economics . I felt he could make a positive contribution when the weak willed were nodding through expensive mistakes.

The first thing I hear him blather on about on the radio and to Tynwald is a bloody sandwich and a gull !

For goodness sake is there any wonder we lurch from one crisis to another fiscally !!

This is what you get when you vote for amateurs. The whole system needs overhauling from top to bottom. Get rid of the whole kit and caboodle and just have a couple of MP's. Consign Tynwald to carnival status

Seagulls are on the decline, along with all other species of animals, with the exception of humans.  

I was in Ramsey yesterday and watched a group of gulls fight over a carelessly discarded deflated balloon in the harbour.  To my horror one of them then ate the whole thing.  It's a wonder the gulls aren't asking about the menace of disgusting, selfish and lazy humans in their gull-parliament tbh.

5 minutes ago, Butterflies said:

Seagulls are on the decline, along with all other species of animals, with the exception of humans.  

I was in Ramsey yesterday and watched a group of gulls fight over a carelessly discarded deflated balloon in the harbour.  To my horror one of them then ate the whole thing.  It's a wonder the gulls aren't asking about the menace of disgusting, selfish and lazy humans in their gull-parliament tbh.

Is that not Darwinism in action?

17 minutes ago, Butterflies said:

I live in eternal hope that one or two humans start eating balloons :rolleyes:

Sadly, one of my deep throat insider informants tells me that Steven (mentioned in despatches earlier) was the cruel victim of fate today. His imperious style of ignoring traffic finally resulted in him being carried off Athol Street sorely injured in a cardboard box with bread from my shop, presumably to Aard Jekyll or similar. We can only hope for a speedy recovery whilst preparing for the worst.

27 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Sadly, one of my deep throat insider informants tells me that Steven (mentioned in despatches earlier) was the cruel victim of fate today. His imperious style of ignoring traffic finally resulted in him being carried off Athol Street sorely injured in a cardboard box with bread from my shop, presumably to Aard Jekyll or similar. We can only hope for a speedy recovery whilst preparing for the worst.

You should see the state of the truck though.

37 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Too much living in the fast lane?

Archived