Should we nationalise Manx Gas?

Aristotle

Should we nationalise gas?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Chinahand said:

What do you mean by inertia in this context- you need to define your terms. The speed with which you raise water to a temperature has basically no effect on how it will cool afterwards. 

The science of steam engines and steam turbines is very well understood. Temperature is temperature and that is what defines the energy in the water and what its density, enthalpy, change in entropy etc is. How it loses energy and hence temperature depends upon how well insulated it is from its environment and has very little do do with how it was raised to that temperature previously. 

I see I am dealing with intellectual lightweights here. *sigh*

Does anybody have Stephen Hawking's email address?

9 hours ago, Chinahand said:

A sovereign wealth fund is very different from a gas utility company. 

It invests windfall taxes paid from profitable companies. 

My understanding was it invested profits mostly from the majority state owned energy company. Is that not right? 

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

correct.....

Oh aye. A country where their high taxation and nationalisation policies means the government earns more in interest than it spends. Total failure that. If that’s really how you see the world then I feel sorry for you, must be fairly depressing. If you’re just trolling then fair play, you’re providing convenient points to add more evidence you’re wrong. Please keep going. 

45 minutes ago, maynragh said:

Oh aye. A country where their high taxation and nationalisation policies means the government earns more in interest than it spends. Total failure that. If that’s really how you see the world then I feel sorry for you, must be fairly depressing. If you’re just trolling then fair play, you’re providing convenient points to add more evidence you’re wrong. Please keep going. 

yet its debt mountain keeps climbing........

https://hanke.io/debtclock/norway/

Archived