We Have To Eat In Order To Exist

gettafa

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd quite like to join a protest against Manx gas, but the guy organising it seems like a bit of a prick. Similar to that pot petition that got thrown out for being handwritten, organised by smackhead/thief put me right off signing it. Maybe I'm part of the problem.

No need for a protest in this matter. Any decent MHK should see there is something wrong with this anachronistic big smug money giveaway.

The problem is, each and every one of our so-called representatives are now in the system and have been bought. They have been made to feel important by the government and like obedient puppy dogs, they have learned who puts butter, and jam, on their bread.

Besides, protesting on the Isle of Man can leave you very exposed:

5a1007404127a_People001Layout1005.thumb.jpg.23be60ca1a4fcb340da1902c5a6808e8.jpg

41 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd quite like to join a protest against Manx gas, but the guy organising it seems like a bit of a prick. Similar to that pot petition that got thrown out for being handwritten, organised by smackhead/thief put me right off signing it. Maybe I'm part of the problem.

No you aren't. You are always full of gas. ;)

48 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd quite like to join a protest against Manx gas, but the guy organising it seems like a bit of a prick. Similar to that pot petition that got thrown out for being handwritten, organised by smackhead/thief put me right off signing it.

It’s a very strange thing that many causes one sympathises with also bring with them a disincentive, in respect of how frequently they are fronted up by twats.

10 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It puzzles me why those people at manx radio or the newspapers have never put howard on the spot and asked him about his views on the countryside allowance thing. Even to get a no comment answer would be a step forward from what they have done so far. Why does no-one ever ask he himself?

Fear of reprisals.

It has been put to him directly on Manx Radio, in a pantomime sort of way. On cue, Howard was quick to reply,  in a "he rides a Harley" sort of way, that he doesn't receive a penny but his tenants do.

What a generous man he is.

But obviously, as pointed out previously, the grants are factored in to the level of rent. I mean, what a knacker to even say that. He must think the people of the Isle of Man are really dumb. He was right about one thing though, no one is going to complain.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Watch "gone to pot" 9 o clock ITV, great stuff.

23 hours ago, quilp said:

And then what will they do? Likely as not it'll be the same as it ever was, they'll accept what they're told, moan about it for a while then quickly roll over and forget about it in supine indolence.

A typical example is the gas rip-off; many thousands of locals took a rather dim view of the new terms and were, by their own accounts, very angry. A demonstration of this anger was organised with much fanfare.

Less than 100 people turned up...

Lol.

So does anyone know how today's latest protest went..? It's a nice day an'all. 

31 minutes ago, quilp said:

So does anyone know how today's latest protest went..? It's a nice day an'all. 

I saw a picture on Facebook, you'll see more grumpy people at the Ramsey Shoprite checkout.

Archived