New Rules

ans

7 hours ago, Declan said:

I hate the "fixed" trick, but it would be best if people refrained from using it. 

A block on editing quotes would also stop people from extracting a paragraph from a long post to reply to. I think that would be an even bigger inconvenience than the annoyance caused few idiots playing the "fixed" trick. 

Well, in YOUR opinion anyway. Can you guess what I think of YOUR opinion? It's probably on a par with what you think of mine.....:)

I like the "fixed" trick because it's fun. Something that is sadly lacking in some posters who clearly take themselves far too seriously.

Seeing Robbie Plant and the Sensational Shirt Lifters  this pm. Should be a blast!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Seeing Robbie Plant and the Sensational Shirt Lifters  this pm. Should be a blast!

Is he okay with you calling him Robbie? Have you got special permission?

Or am I missing the point and they're a tribute band, tribute band?

12 hours ago, P.K. said:

Well, in YOUR opinion anyway. 

That’s how these places work. You know it’s my opinion because it’s posted under my name. There’s no need to huffily state “in your opinion” when replying because it’s implicit that every post is the poster’s own opinion. 

That’s the problem with the cowardly “fixed” trick it puts other people’s words into a poster’s mouth. 

If you’ve something to say, say it yourself under your own user name. 

For quite a while, this thread was one of the most interesting that we have had for a long time.

Now it seems to have degenerated into the same sort of rubbish that the moderators are complaining about.

Carry on like this guys, and there will be no forum.

47 minutes ago, Declan said:

That’s how these places work. You know it’s my opinion because it’s posted under my name. There’s no need to huffily state “in your opinion” when replying because it’s implicit that every post is the poster’s own opinion. 

That’s the problem with the cowardly amusing “fixed” trick it puts other people’s words into a poster’s mouth. 

Fixed!

1 hour ago, Declan said:

That’s the problem with the cowardly “fixed” trick it puts other people’s words into a poster’s mouth. 

It's hardly "cowardly" as the posters name is normally attached to the "fixed" comment. Jeez some people on here have a serious humour malfunction...:P

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It's hardly "cowardly" as the posters name is normally attached to the "fixed" comment. Jeez some people on here have a serious humour malfunction...:P

Quite.

All those with an unforgettable number will immediately recognise:

"If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined...."

Amen to that.

It's usually not funny, or even an attempt at humour. It's more often used to present the exact opposite of the meaning of the original post. In fact, the witty, funny posters rarely resort to that trick. Just the dullards. 

If you have a homourous reposte (unlikely in your case, I know, but imagine you had a humourous thought for once) it's as easy and less duplicitous to just reply to comment. 

13 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Lucky boy....let us know what you thought of it. I've heard that the new CD is great.

When we saw them in Leeds a few years ago we were most impressed. Especially with Skin Tyson and Justin Adams. Well last night it was a much more "polished" effort shall we say. They did the new stuff but also a lot of old Led Zep stuff. And did it very well too!

An excellent night that sent a lot of fans home very happy indeed.

Go if you like your rock.

Archived