The Punisher

TheTeapot

Cos the weather has been so awful today I've been working my way through the new Punisher series. Its reasonably distracting, I like the guy playing Frank Castle but its got a few flaws. I didn't know they had even made a series of it until I read an article the other day criticising the killing, but I don't think its excessive. Its The Punisher, he's supposed to kill everyone! Worth checking out if you've nothing better to do.

I powered through 1-6 over a lazy weekend and will finish it off before the end of the month I guess. Enjoying it so far, as I have pretty much all the solo Netflix Marvel outings (except IF obviously) and Bernthal is pretty good, although I still think Thomas Jane was a better Punisher.  Hoping that the second half of the season leads up to who Billy becomes (no spoilers if you don't know the comics).

Violence is obviously up a level from the other shows but it's not over the top. Micro is probably the best thing in the show. 

I don't have Netflix (or even a TV!) so am clearly behind the times. The Punisher was in daredevil apparently, so I guess I'll have a look at that next, even though that's backwards. There were a couple of moments in this current series where it was referred to, but I don't think you would have needed to see it to follow what was going on. Having looked it up there is a whole host of marvel programmes I had no idea about, so seeing as its the winter I'll probably work my way through the lot. 2 episodes to go for me, and I have to say I've really enjoyed it.

I haven't owned a TV for 5 years now...mostly because of travelling/contracting. Don't miss it. Love the threatening letters I get chasing licencing now I'm 'settled' again.

Apparently I am 'under investigation' by BBC undercover forces.

50p a stamp? I've had at least 5 letters telling me this.

Nasty threatening stuff. I bet lots of people getting letters like that, even with no TV, probably feel obliged to buy a licence.

These people need legislating against.

9 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I haven't owned a TV for 5 years now...mostly because of travelling/contracting. Don't miss it. Love the threatening letters I get chasing licencing now I'm 'settled' again.

Apparently I am 'under investigation' by BBC undercover forces.

50p a stamp? I've had at least 5 letters telling me this.

Nasty threatening stuff. I bet lots of people getting letters like that, even with no TV, probably feel obliged to buy a licence.

These people need legislating against.

I'm quite fond of Capita's TV licence threat letters.  They start off all cutesy-pie and then get more and more threatening up to the "WE will be visiting you NOW and kicking your F*CKING DOOR IN."  Then they run out of threats and the cycle repeats.

It would be nice if the Punisher paid a visit to the management of Capita.  Preferably recording the result for YouTube.

4 hours ago, Mr Bear said:

Then they run out of threats and the cycle repeats

Yes, the way it gets up to “what to expect in court” and then starts all over again at the beginning is a laugh. 

I have a licence where I’m required to and don’t have one where I’m not. 

On 11/22/2017 at 9:16 PM, ans said:

I powered through 1-6 over a lazy weekend and will finish it off before the end of the month I guess. Enjoying it so far, as I have pretty much all the solo Netflix Marvel outings (except IF obviously) and Bernthal is pretty good, although I still think Thomas Jane was a better Punisher.  Hoping that the second half of the season leads up to who Billy becomes (no spoilers if you don't know the comics).

Violence is obviously up a level from the other shows but it's not over the top. Micro is probably the best thing in the show. 

Blitzed through the last seven and I have to say, Bernthal nailed it and is now the de facto Punisher in my eyes. Definitely up there with JJ and DD Season 1 as the best of the Netflix Marvel shows. 

Funny really, the TV show villians are almost all better than their movie counterparts. Kilgrave, Kingpin, Cottonmouth and now Russo, who I'm looking forward to seeing again in S2 if they make him the big bad. 

Archived