"Compelling evidence that we may not be alone", says Pentagon official

Ragnarök

1 minute ago, pongo said:

I don’t want to go too far down this rate hole and you clearly know more about the world of so called ufology than me. But things like Project Blue Book were, according to Google, essentially public facing PR exercises rather than secret defence / intelligence projects. It’s not about investigating public reports of lights in the sky.

I doubt the bug on your windscreen would also have been recorded by the instrumentation, battlefleet etc.

Sorry to go against you, but I just think it a load of rubbish and will never be persuaded otherwise.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry to go against you, but I just think it a load of rubbish and will never be persuaded otherwise.

There is no need to apologise. I am not personally invested. It’s a strange thing to be apologising for.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:32 AM, gettafa said:

Can this thread be merged with teh flat earth one?

Why? Flat earth is a made up conspiracy theory with no evidence.

UFOs are simply a verifiable fact of life and have been seen for thousands of years, long before any nations developed the technology to ever be mistaken for them.

On 12/21/2017 at 7:35 PM, wrighty said:

I'd say that extra-terrestrial life is a near certainty in the universe, and that the likelihood of us ever finding it or communicating with it (except maybe microbes elsewhere in our own solar system) is virtually zero.  The reasons are the size of the universe meaning that life will be bound to have evolved elsewhere, but given the age of the universe, and the distances involved, with the speed of light being a limiting factor, there is a near zero chance of anything else coming close by during the small fraction of the universe's duration that we'll be around to notice it.

UFOs are therefore terrestrial in origin - military or natural phenomena probably.

I can see where you're coming from but isn't your conception of travel ultimately rooted in our own human limitations? Who is to say that the quickest way to from X to Y is by traveling via vehicular means between the two points, let alone having to do so at the speed of light or much faster? These seem like limitations we're placing based on our own limitations. There is already an enormous body of evidence pointing to the existence of these objects long before any of our governments were capable of it. I would agree that things like the triangular-shaped flying objects are likely developed by the US Government, but these are newcomers and not at all what the earlier and still extant flying saucer shaped craft, or the cigar-shaped motherships. How do you explain the flying saucers of the 1930s and 1940s, or the 1952 occurrence over Washington DC? No way did that technology exist back then. I'm sure some of it could be replicated now, but not back then. I think they have reverse-engineered what was found at Roswell and other crash sites. I also think there have been agreements between more than one extraterrestrial civilisation -- one is good, the other is not good -- and the US and Soviet Governments during the Cold War. President Eisenhower definitely had a meeting with an extraterrestrial civilisation. It's beyond doubt if you look into the evidence, as are numerous interactions in our religious history for thousands of years which now in hindsight were obviously extraterrestrial by definition (Ezekiel's Wheel, for example, which is in the Old Testament, is as near as you can get to a description of a 20th/21st century disc shaped UFO and it wasn't just some natural phenomenon, as there were beings with it. Christopher Columbus also reported a UFO in his logbook. Far too many examples prior to the human development of airborne travel to dismiss it all as human in origin. As for natural phenomenon, I'm sure some of these things are, but they can't all be, given they go hand in hand with reports of actual contact.

1 minute ago, Ragnarök said:

I can see where you're coming from but isn't your conception of travel ultimately rooted in our own human limitations?

It's like pre-historic era humans saying there's no way to ever get to the moon within a reasonable time when our ability to get from X to Y is limited by canoes or riding horses.

45 minutes ago, Ragnarök said:

I can see where you're coming from but isn't your conception of travel ultimately rooted in our own human limitations?

43 minutes ago, Ragnarök said:

It's like pre-historic era humans saying there's no way to ever get to the moon within a reasonable time when our ability to get from X to Y is limited by canoes or riding horses.

Who's quoting who, now?

6 hours ago, Ragnarök said:

I can see where you're coming from too, except the difference is that we have an understanding of the distances involved and limitations of speed. I've seen taxis with moon-distance mileage on their odometers, and it would be drivable in a year. Getting to the nearest star would take 4 at c.

I know, wormholes etc. Why therefore are we always talking about flying saucers if technologically advanced civilisations could effectively transport themselves between any two points in space?

And the notion that governments have had talks with aliens... I'm out. 

14 hours ago, wrighty said:

I can see where you're coming from too, except the difference is that we have an understanding of the distances involved and limitations of speed. I've seen taxis with moon-distance mileage on their odometers, and it would be drivable in a year. Getting to the nearest star would take 4 at c.

I know, wormholes etc. Why therefore are we always talking about flying saucers if technologically advanced civilisations could effectively transport themselves between any two points in space?

And the notion that governments have had talks with aliens... I'm out. 

Not so fast, we've got a whole Public Sector Pension Scheme based on those talks.

I find the video very strange as the object seems to be traveling at exactly the same bearing as the aircraft - was there only visual contact, what about radar returns etc.

My only response is that this is unexplained.  There are multiple possibilities and leaping to ... I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens ... isn't parsimonious.

As in most things where evidence simply fails I think it is best to leave it in the unproven, unknown category.  Speculating is great fun, but effectively fruitless.

Astronomers track thousands of near earth objects, can spot interstellar visitors and have dedicated whole sky surveys.  Their entire ethos is to gather evidence and make a case.  Currently they have very very little to go on.

We are back to Feynman: from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence.

But who knows - only time ... and evidence ... will tell.

15 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I find the video very strange as the object seems to be traveling at exactly the same bearing as the aircraft - was there only visual contact, what about radar returns etc.

My only response is that this is unexplained.  There are multiple possibilities and leaping to ... I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens ... isn't parsimonious.

As in most things where evidence simply fails I think it is best to leave it in the unproven, unknown category.  Speculating is great fun, but effectively fruitless.

Astronomers track thousands of near earth objects, can spot interstellar visitors and have dedicated whole sky surveys.  Their entire ethos is to gather evidence and make a case.  Currently they have very very little to go on.

We are back to Feynman: from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence.

But who knows - only time ... and evidence ... will tell.

didn't the germans develop one during WW2 that the amercians later built.......

Archived