WTF. Insensitive or what ?

dilligaf

I can see two sides to this.  It brings Schindler back to the attention of the public.  To be fair, unlike Japan, post war Germany has been very open about what took place under Nazi rule and continues to do so.

Just now, Rog said:

I can see two sides to this.  It brings Schindler back to the attention of the public.  To be fair, unlike Japan, post war Germany has been very open about what took place under Nazi rule and continues to do so.

I truly hope that was the intention.

We have German friends, who I think will not be impressed by this event.

Maybe someone should hint at the intention.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

I don’t think you're quite correct here Rog. They may be more open now about their murderous genocidal history but up until the late seventies a German mate of mine said the war and their conduct was verboten except for the superficial and token information in his school's curriculum. As far as he remembers, he never saw a war movie till he was in his early 20's... 

11 hours ago, Rog said:

you clearly missed merkel stating that the world had moved on from the 2 ww and its views of germany......

6 hours ago, guzzi said:

Celebrating a brave German, one who saved many Jewish lives and who is buried on Mount Zion, Jerusalem as Righteous Amongst the Nations.  I don't see the need for upset and controversy.

If that was the intention, I have no problem with it at all. :)

Archived