The Sefton Group Has Sold The Castle Mona To.....The Sefton Group

gch

I heard on Saturday night from a very reputable source (no jokes please, this is true) that The Castle Mona was actually bought by The Sefton Group, the owners, for the £1.2m quoted!! Apparently done to balance the books of The Sefton Group to allow the purchase of the Middlemarch site. How corrupt is this island getting please, and where does this now leave the Castle Mona, up for sale again????? Bonkers! 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea who bought the Castle Mona but you do know that it was sold at auction.....  Anyone is free to buy it, including the current owners. 

They only bought it in the first place to take a competitor out of the market and now its falling down, then theyre are selling it to themselves for a 1/4 of what they paid for it and government bail them out, it stinks! 

There were no other bidders apparently apart from the 2 Sefton representatives - this itself begs many questions, one of which is where does the Isle of Man stand in quality and attractiveness to outsiders now, this would've been snapped up in the likes of Jersey surely....

The island reminds me of a failing company on the stock market who use excess cash reserves to buy back their own stock to keep the share price high and fool the markets into thinking they're an attractive company.

This would seem to be a rather odd way to transfer title within a group.  If there was not a third party under-bidder, it fails to establish a true market value.  Which is probably zilch given all the strings attached.

5 hours ago, gch said:

They only bought it in the first place to take a competitor out of the market and now its falling down, then theyre are selling it to themselves for a 1/4 of what they paid for it and government bail them out, it stinks! 

There were no other bidders apparently apart from the 2 Sefton representatives - this itself begs many questions, one of which is where does the Isle of Man stand in quality and attractiveness to outsiders now, this would've been snapped up in the likes of Jersey surely....

5 bidders......

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

People also bid themselves to stop competitors or stoopid people not likely to come up with the cash? No real money except for commission parts hands then I presume?

Could easily be 15% 20% or more.  Seems an odd way to spend money.

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I think the sefton group should be congratulated for buying it at such a bargain price compared to what the sellers bought it for originally. I'm no ecomomist but that's pretty impressive.

Yeah, there are some bent f***ers about.

5 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

People also bid themselves to stop competitors or stoopid people not likely to come up with the cash? No real money except for commission parts hands then I presume?

But just messing with internal finances is not what WE, the islanders want tosee.

We want the place refurbished and used for the good of us all, not just some silly accounting pawn .

Give the sefton lot fuck all in loans or handouts, if this is how they sneer at us.:pinch:

Do we have any evidence this has really happened?

i.e. owners have put it up for auction, and an entity with the same beneficial ownership as the original owners has purchased it?

Archived