Smart Meters are coming

Tempus Fugit

I saw this link

The electric suppliers perspective is to make more money for shareholders. One way of doing this according to the article is to incorporate 'Surge Pricing' where they charge householders more for using electric at peak times.

Thing is, didn't we have an abundance of energy and shouldn't they be paying off the debt instead of adding additional costs to 'their' company  at the expense of 'our' household budgets?

I did like this NOT FOR PROFIT link

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Does this mean that someone's already looking forward to a slap when it inevitably all goes wrong?

..........no!.................lessons will be learnt though and moving forward they will just do as they please with no repercussions.............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Does this mean that someone's already looking forward to a slap when it inevitably all goes wrong?

..........no!.................lessons will be learnt though and moving forward they will just do as they please with no repercussions.............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, manxy said:

I saw this link

The electric suppliers perspective is to make more money for shareholders. One way of doing this according to the article is to incorporate 'Surge Pricing' where they charge householders more for using electric at peak times.

Thing is, didn't we have an abundance of energy and shouldn't they be paying off the debt instead of adding additional costs to 'their' company  at the expense of 'our' household budgets?

I did like this NOT FOR PROFIT link

And this.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, hissingsid said:

If this is true then it should have been given as the reason we are going down the SM road.

Even if the old style meters were not available the smarts would only need to be fitted as 'replacements, not wholesale change over.

• Like 1

Seriously! To cut electricity use? What absolute bollox! This is the same government who is trying to push electric cars, to the point that I have heard that very soon, all new houses being built have to have electric car charging points. Whether you want it or not. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Seriously! To cut electricity use? What absolute bollox! This is the same government who is trying to push electric cars, to the point that I have heard that very soon, all new houses being built have to have electric car charging points. Whether you want it or not. 

Bollox indeed, its all about variable tariffs to push people into using more when they're not selling much, overnight for example.

18 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Bollox indeed!!! So all those people who shop on the internet to save a few quid would not want to save aa few quid on electricity charges? Strand street will be busy again if that is the case.

There will be a bigger mark up on the imported overnight juice as they will be buying it cheaper than we can generate it (probably).

• 3 months later...

I know the Daily Wail is looked with disparagement but I read it on line and there was a very interesting article on smart meters displaying how useless and what a con trick they are.    Anyone interested just get Daily Mail online and scroll, I cannot copy and paste if I could I would send a copy to all our politicians.   This article was written by a very reputable organisation, not Daily Wail headlining.

• 2 years later...