Helpful member of the public threatened with the cops

thesultanofsheight

I thought it was April Fools Day when I read this

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=42547&headline=What%20a%20load%20of%20bollards%21&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

So a man offers to paint some posts so that the DOI dont have to as they’ve not touched them for 15 years and they look a state. But rather than being grown up about it the DOI threaten him with the police for criminal damage instead. 

They're clearly really busy up at Ellerslie. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I thought it was April Fools Day when I read this

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=42547&headline=What%20a%20load%20of%20bollards%21&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

So a man offers to paint some posts so that the DOI dont have to as they’ve not touched them for 15 years and they look a state. But rather than being grown up about it the DOI threaten him with the police for criminal damage instead. 

They're clearly really busy up at Ellerslie. 

FFS Surely they could just give him the bloody paint and a handshake for his trouble!

16 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I’m now expecting a call from the rozzers for criminal damage to grass. Can’t be theft as I do it with the grass box off.

That’ll lawn ya!

(I’ll get my coat).

The purpose of the bollards is to stop bloodyminded selfish parking while people pick up a takeaway. Doesn't stop the double parking on the other side for the same purpose though!!!

If this chap were hit by a car while painting the bollards, who would be to blame? the DOI for not telling him not to? Himself for being so fussy about the street furniture on a pretty grotty terrace?

Bottom line is that this is down to selfish drivers/parkers. Anyone here guilty???

Archived