Misuse of Tesco car park

Howard

Perhaps it's to prevent all day parking by workers trying to avoid parking charges?

I remember when all parking was free on the Island, oh the joy of being a 'Baby Boomer'!!! Tough luck you 30 somethings! Could park the A30 anywhere.

Teapot. You could always park up, go into town for 2 hrs, then disc change and go into Tesco, thus, not abusing their car park?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chris C said:

I don't think I've ever not been able to get a space in Tesco's car park. Why are they trying to fix a problem which doesn't seem to exist?

You must go down there late at night then.

We shop there 2 or 3 times per week and the car park is often full.

Maybe the tight wads who don't want to pay to park should use Shoprite's car park as it never anywhere near full

15 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That’s interesting Dilli - I shop at Tesco on variable days of the week, at variable times, (though never evenings/night) and have never once failed to find a parking space. Either I’m very fortunate or you’re especially unlucky. 

2 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’s interesting Dilli - I shop at Tesco on variable days of the week, at variable times, (though never evenings/night) and have never once failed to find a parking space. Either I’m very fortunate or you’re especially unlucky. 

Often a few spaces down the bottom end. Unfortunately for Charlie Brown, I don't do bottom ends:P

Just now, dilligaf said:

Often a few spaces down the bottom end. Unfortunately for Charlie Brown, I don't do bottom ends:P

Keep it clean please...this is a respectable thread. And walk to the store from the bottom end, you idle sod!

Just now, Uhtred said:
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Keep it clean please...this is a respectable thread. And walk to the store from the bottom end, you idle sod!

I'd love to walk miles, but the hips are killing me. Old one and new one.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I'd love to walk miles, but the hips are killing me. Old one and new one.

Ah! Ok - fair play. Use one of those daft “mother and child” spaces near the store entrance. I don’t park in them (even though the majority always seem free) but if you have mobility problems then crack on.

1 minute ago, Kopek said:
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I'd love to walk miles, but the Thai wives are killing me. Old one and new one.

You lucky bugger!!!

(sorry to change your post.).

Can't think of a better way to go TBH. (as long as the bits are correctly orientated )

34 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe the tight wads who don't want to pay to park should use Shoprite's car park as it never anywhere near full

Long walk into town from there. 

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:
38 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Long walk into town from there. 

Bus stop outside though.

Or try Winerite. Only two cars per hour in there.

Archived