Ownership of TT Course

Gee Cee

I have just been reading an article about the British Racing Drivers Club. They describe themselves as "the most exclusive club in motor racing". They also "own and operate the Silverstone Circuit".

Now I have no problem whatsoever, with a bunch of enthusiasts who form a club, buy some land, and build a racing circuit. Good luck to them. It is their circuit, and they can do what they like with it.

I do have a problem with half-witted politicians closing roads, causing immense inconvenience, almost certain deaths, and all in the name of the public who elected them.

The TT course is owned by the public. If people wish to race motor bikes, then they should follow the example of the BRDC, and form a club to build their own circuit. They could then call themselves 'the most exclusive club in motor cycle racing'.

The TT circuit is ours, to use whenever we wish.

Merry Christmas

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

That wouldn’t be Rob Callister then who clearly supports the death toll for the £39M we alledgedly rake in. 

Too right. At about 3 deaths a year it’s only £13million per death that we Mrs Miggins et al get to line our pockets. So grateful for Mr Callister. 

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

Too right. At about 3 deaths a year it’s only £13million per death that we Mrs Miggins et al get to line our pockets. So grateful for Mr Callister. 

Well his posts the other day were very clear. £39M of alledged spending is totally worth the three deaths a year. It’s all about risk management apparently ;)

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well his posts the other day were very clear. £39M of alledged spending is totally worth the three deaths a year. It’s all about risk management apparently ;)

As long as we have a conveyer belt prepared to kill themselves so Mrs Miggins can keep selling her cheese sandwiches.

I bloody hope so, because I love those cheese sandwiches 

On 12/22/2018 at 1:59 PM, Gee Cee said:

I have just been reading an article about the British Racing Drivers Club. They describe themselves as "the most exclusive club in motor racing". They also "own and operate the Silverstone Circuit".

Now I have no problem whatsoever, with a bunch of enthusiasts who form a club, buy some land, and build a racing circuit. Good luck to them. It is their circuit, and they can do what they like with it.

I do have a problem with half-witted politicians closing roads, causing immense inconvenience, almost certain deaths, and all in the name of the public who elected them.

The TT course is owned by the public. If people wish to race motor bikes, then they should follow the example of the BRDC, and form a club to build their own circuit. They could then call themselves 'the most exclusive club in motor cycle racing'.

The TT circuit is ours, to use whenever we wish.

Merry Christmas

have you every been to silverstone? the council close roads or have them one-way same as the tt.....:lol:

On 12/24/2018 at 12:43 PM, fatshaft said:

Deary me. Everything can kill you, many with a higher chance than motorbike racing. If you don't like it, there's a boa.........oh wait, boats can capsize. Hmmm, well there's always air.....oh ffs :wacko:

The thing is the other things that can kill you don't close the roads, so are seen as more acceptable. 

On 12/22/2018 at 3:53 PM, Max Power said:

At the next election you should vote for a candidate who states in their manifesto that they will work tirelessly to end the TT.

That's the trouble with democracy, it doesn't work for zealots whose objective is to impose their lunatic views on everyone else. 

Archived