Ownership of TT Course

Gee Cee

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theoretical questions ( but asked with a decent knowledge of the situation).

1). Do those who espouse continuation of the TT in it's present (historical) form support the normal rules of 'Triage' whereby a a rider who may not be a Manx taxpayer takes medical precedence for treatment over a Manx Taxpayer who also needs treatment but has a 'slightly' lower triage (or reversed GCS) number? In other words, those who pay for Nobles may lose out to those who do not contribute and those who have life- threatening issues through no fault of their own may wait for treatment whilst those who choose (volunteer) risk are treated?

2). What is the point of giving air ambulance support to riders around the circuit when the Medical Consultants who have to treat them are stuck in a traffic jam on a temporary (blocked) road attempting to reach site?

3). Are the costs to Nobles (including 'no leave to be taken') accounted for in the overall cost/benefit analysis?

Just askin.

13 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Theoretical questions ( but asked with a decent knowledge of the situation).

1). Do those who espouse continuation of the TT in it's present (historical) form support the normal rules of 'Triage' whereby a a rider who may not be a Manx taxpayer takes medical precedence for treatment over a Manx Taxpayer who also needs treatment but has a 'slightly' lower triage (or reversed GCS) number? In other words, those who pay for Nobles may lose out to those who do not contribute and those who have life- threatening issues through no fault of their own may wait for treatment whilst those who choose (volunteer) risk are treated?

2). What is the point of giving air ambulance support to riders around the circuit when the Medical Consultants who have to treat them are stuck in a traffic jam on a temporary (blocked) road attempting to reach site?

3). Are the costs to Nobles (including 'no leave to be taken') accounted for in the overall cost/benefit analysis?

Just askin.

I think you already know the answer?

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Completely agree Detectective Del - the dick swinging Super Car rally that the Govt bend at your knee for to make a few £££££ on - is actually different to the Rwandan Genocide

Au contraire , Blackadder.

the safety record of four wheel Motorsport on the Isle of Man is vastly better than out two-wheeled brethren. And despite meticulous safety plans designed by someone who really does know what he is doing on that front, we were refused a Mountain Road closure. 

Remember the ethos behind Supertour is to bring tourists to the Island and give them a first class experience of the place, whilst removing any possible risk from the public road. 

Government bend at my knee? I can promise you that it has been anything but that.

42 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Au contraire , Blackadder.

the safety record of four wheel Motorsport on the Isle of Man is vastly better than out two-wheeled brethren. And despite meticulous safety plans designed by someone who really does know what he is doing on that front, we were refused a Mountain Road closure. 

Remember the ethos behind Supertour is to bring tourists to the Island and give them a first class experience of the place, whilst removing any possible risk from the public road. 

Government bend at my knee? I can promise you that it has been anything but that.

Ahh but the Sloc is alright to close. ?

How many tourists did your event bring? 

There is soooooo much more this island can do to bring tourists in without having to close roads and endangering the public.  The blinkers or downright pig ignorance pisses me off.  

I’m a bottle of good Barolo in and I don’t want to sound like Dilli.  Good night. 

9 hours ago, Gizo said:

Ahh but the Sloc is alright to close. ?

How many tourists did your event bring? 

There is soooooo much more this island can do to bring tourists in without having to close roads and endangering the public.  The blinkers or downright pig ignorance pisses me off.  

I’m a bottle of good Barolo in and I don’t want to sound like Dilli.  Good night. 

But that is the point.

running supercars on a closed road doesn’t endanger the public. The odd rabbit perhaps, but not the public. The TT endangers the public only because of where spectator areas are.

Anyway, more importantly, how was the wine?

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

But that is the point.

running supercars on a closed road doesn’t endanger the public. The odd rabbit perhaps, but not the public. The TT endangers the public only because of where spectator areas are.

Anyway, more importantly, how was the wine?

Gizo, you have to admit that when it comes to road safety strategy, Derek is someone who is very knowledgeable and despite anyone's jealous berating of the Supertour it does bring in tourists who would leave here with positive thoughts about our island.And if the Government did agree to close the odd nice road here and there then the threat to public safety on the roads is eradicated at that point and significantly reduced elsewhere on the island because the tourists would be able to get the speed "out to f their system" whilst on closed roads.

Whether you agree with the Supertour or not, it would appear that Derek et al have covered all bases.

16 hours ago, Gizo said:

I'd like to agree with you Gizo but weighing up the costs of getting here, the island at the moment appeals to a very narrow band of people. I know there is the potential for a injuries to the public during the racing but in general it is well managed these days. I think I'm right in saying that in the 99 TT events there have been two spectator deaths and one Marshal. A Police Officer was killed during a Manx GP race in the 70's. I believe that spectator injuries in that time are less than 50 in total?   In general the spectator safety record is pretty good compared to even some circuits where the crowd is fenced off. Probably because people used to take responsibility for their own safety in the past?  

Archived