Ownership of TT Course

Gee Cee

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 8:08 PM, Chris C said:

The thing is the other things that can kill you don't close the roads, so are seen as more acceptable. 

Many football games close roads in vicinity, some golf tournaments require roads in area closed, parks commandeered for parking etc. I could go on, but those two are the sports I know most about so will stick on solid ground.

Yes the TT is fairly unique (apart from rallying, running, cycling) in that it closes roads for actual event use, rather than ancilliary use, but being against it because it closes roads is no argument at all.

As a one time comeover, I found the whole TT week fantastic, closed roads and all. But if you don't like it, let out your house for the week/fortnight, you'll more than pay for your foreign holiday. What's not to like. 

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Death

As long as it's not 'yourself or loved ones" does it really matter, I mean really? There are hundreds of refugees dying every week but I don't see you or any other detractors buying a boat, sailing round to the Mediterranean and offering a fucking water taxi service free of charge!! NIMBY!!!

5 hours ago, fatshaft said:

Many football games close roads in vicinity, some golf tournaments require roads in area closed, parks commandeered for parking etc. I could go on, but those two are the sports I know most about so will stick on solid ground.

Yes the TT is fairly unique (apart from rallying, running, cycling) in that it closes roads for actual event use, rather than ancilliary use, but being against it because it closes roads is no argument at all.

As a one time comeover, I found the whole TT week fantastic, closed roads and all. But if you don't like it, let out your house for the week/fortnight, you'll more than pay for your foreign holiday. What's not to like. 

Yes and this can happen week in week out during the season, causing traffic mayhem in the surrounding areas.

ETA: Many thanks for a refreshingly new argument which can be thrown into the mix when the TT detractors moan about traffic "chaos" during the race period!

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Also happens quite often at Football matches, hooliganism, road traffic incidents etc. Anywhere you get a crowd, the danger is there. Dare I mention poor crowd control? 

all that running around chasing a bag of air isn't good for you........

3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

As long as it's not 'yourself or loved ones" does it really matter, I mean really? There are hundreds of refugees dying every week but I don't see you or any other detractors buying a boat, sailing round to the Mediterranean and offering a fucking water taxi service free of charge!! NIMBY!!!

That begs the question then, why aren't you out there in the imaginary boat..?

3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

I see someth8ng of a difference between a humanitarian crisis, and a Motorsport event.

54 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

But all quite unnecessary all the same but also a part of life and this world in which we inhabit.

The TT is unnecessary. There are plenty of similar jurisdictions to us on an island that do perfectly fine without a man created event that kills people. 

Archived