Paddy Ashdown...

La Colombe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Seemed like a good bloke, and remarkably genuine and honest for a politician.  I will always remember the Sun's headline about him when he had the affair with his secretary - "It's Paddy Pantsdown".  Gotta love the Soaraway Sun :P

I have to say though Mr Wright, that "good blokes" don't cheat on their wives. I liked him too, but failings like his destroy any positive performance.

Just now, Kopek said:

Having an affair is Human behaviour.

Don't be fucking stupid. It is failed behaviour. Absolutely no excuse for it.

Not happy in your relationship?, then finish it and start again. Why cause so much harm by cheating, unless it is for kicks. Even sadder.

Are humans naturally inclined toward monogamy? In nature, the male's of the species usually have more than one breeding-partner in the pursuit of spreading his genes far and wide and will attempt to impregnate as many females as they can. It's instinctual in nature so does that hormonal urge stop at humans? Is it love-seeking or just good old lust that drives the unfaithful? Open relationships seem to work for some and many couples will testify to open sexual-diversity being the saviour of a relationship in freefall between two people who cannot bear to part.

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Are humans naturally inclined toward monogamy? In nature, the male's of the species usually have more than one breeding-partner in the pursuit of spreading his genes far and wide and will attempt to impregnate as many females as they can. It's instinctual in nature so does that hormonal urge stop at humans? Is it love-seeking or just good old lust that drives the unfaithful? Open relationships seem to work for some and many couples will testify to open sexual-diversity being the saviour of a relationship in freefall between two people who cannot bear to part.

I always say that what is needed and what is wanted are two very different things.

I am sure we all want to spread it about as much as possible, but what is needed to hold a partnership together is loyalty and faithfulness.

Two very different things and a million miles apart.

Archived