Paddy Ashdown...

La Colombe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's a little harsh on Clegg. Following his failed attempt at co-running the country (yeah right) he was rejected by his constituents. I think an alternative career in California is preferable than attempting to stay in politics, especially when seen as a bit of a loser by the media. 

1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

The fella who beat him has been expelled by Labour. Clegg suffered from giving his approval to austerity, even tho it was mock in the case of Osborne

Heading off to work for Facebook just compounds public dislke

His choice

how is spending more than you receive austerity.......

46 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think that's a little harsh on Clegg. Following his failed attempt at co-running the country (yeah right) he was rejected by his constituents. I think an alternative career in California is preferable than attempting to stay in politics, especially when seen as a bit of a loser by the media. 

The Tories had to give the Liberals some sort of consolation as a veil that they were somehow onboard. They gave Vince Cable a supposedly safe Department as Business Secretary. The guy is a total liberal nobber and sanctioned the destruction of many files, which in so doing got a lot of white collar and above crooks off a very nasty hook.

15 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I have to say though Mr Wright, that "good blokes" don't cheat on their wives. I liked him too, but failings like his destroy any positive performance.

I think it's a bit OTT to write off a whole life because he had an affair

4 hours ago, gettafa said:

Don't get married and don't swear an oath if you can't keep to it. If you can get away with stocking your dick where your basic desires tell you then that is a choice.

May as well disintegrate civilised society if we are going down that route though.

You may swear an oath or makes promises in all sorts of situations but you never truly know if you can uphold them at that time and there are many things that occur along the way that might knock you off your path, not everyone makes it through successfully.

15 hours ago, quilp said:

Are humans naturally inclined toward monogamy? In nature, the male's of the species usually have more than one breeding-partner in the pursuit of spreading his genes far and wide and will attempt to impregnate as many females as they can. It's instinctual in nature so does that hormonal urge stop at humans? Is it love-seeking or just good old lust that drives the unfaithful? Open relationships seem to work for some and many couples will testify to open sexual-diversity being the saviour of a relationship in freefall between two people who cannot bear to part.

I totally agree, other than to say that the female is just as likely to stray from monogamy and for precisely the same reasons. Her instinct is to have her eggs fertilised by the most viable sperm. Plenty of men raising kids they think are theirs but aren't.

https://www.livescience.com/375-surprise-1-25-dads-real-father.html

6 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

Unlike animals who are driven by nature, human beings are driven by both nature and a higher spirit.

Humans ARE animals. We may aspire to higher ideals but in the end, to err is human. What higher spirit? Please not the fellow on the cloud.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I agree insofar as I prefer him to be in California.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

I don't think you can level that charge at Theresa May considering the hand she was dealt. She is honourably doing her best.

She is creating division which will last for decades

Forcing forward her own Brexit plan without parliamentary negotiation is insane

Archived