Absolutely not fabulous

Rushen Spy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, woolley said:

My mother used to watch that. I could sit through entire episodes and not even smile.

You’re being polite. It was dogshit.

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Yeah.

I'm on a roll now. I just remembered that before it was "Terry and June" it was called "Happy Ever After". Between 1974 and 1987 they made 106 episodes, all as funny as feckin' toothache from what bits I saw with Mum. Golden age of TV eh? Dreadful.

Even more unbelievable, they have released the whole soporific, wrist-slashing cornucopia of bilge on DVD in the last 3 years. I wonder how many copies they've sold. Mum might have bought it, but she's been dead too long. On reflection though.........

34 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

June was mildly funny but Terry just tried to hard... and failed

Did someone with a sense of humour write her lines then? Poor Terry.

Can't say I noticed though. I think that Mum had watched 4 episodes before I realised it was supposed to be a sitcom.

43 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Same time though....millions of viewers every week were watching Love Thy Neighbour, Alf Garnett, Mind your language and It Ain't half hot mum..and gay stereotyping at Grace Brothers.

Thankfully we now live in an era where even gay daleks and a female Dr Who are not just acceptable but compulsory now eh?

Archived