Sir Nige to grace the island.

the stinking enigma

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

No that was the one I couldn't make but wanted to see.

Unlike others on this forum I don't think it's some kind of heinous crime to go and see politicians across the whole politician spectrum. They've led interesting lives and had insights into areas most will never get to see. It's a decent few hours of your life. Unless you're an arsehole.

I suspect very few on MF consider it a heinous crime to go and listen to a politician strutting their stuff.

With Tony Benn, like Guido Fawkes, you can at least be sure that he entered the HoC with honest intent. A quick witted and very strong orator, a rarity these days, I'm sure I would have found his talk extremely interesting.

Nigel Farage, on the other hand, is a mandacious charlatan who dragged UK politics down to a new nadir i.e. his own level.

With zero respect for that excuse for a man I wouldn't waste my time.

But if you want to know what makes up a slimeball.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nigel Farage is a rare example of a successful politician. You may not like him or agree with his principles, but he has achieved his aim of taking the UK out of the EU (assuming there isn’t a U-turn in the next few weeks). The vast majority of political careers end in failure - that’s a quote by someone, probably Churchill. 

19 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Nigel Farage is a rare example of a successful politician. You may not like him or agree with his principles, but he has achieved his aim of taking the UK out of the EU (assuming there isn’t a U-turn in the next few weeks). The vast majority of political careers end in failure - that’s a quote by someone, probably Churchill. 

As far as I'm concerned he doesn't have any principles to agree with...!

5 hours ago, wrighty said:

I wouldn't insult Sir Nigel by referring to him as a "politician". That's for career politicians who are in politics for their own self-advancement. I'd call him a political activist or something as he is in politics to fight a cause.

22 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I wouldn't insult Sir Nigel by referring to him as a "politician". That's for career politicians who are in politics for their own self-advancement. I'd call him a political activist or something as he is in politics to fight a cause.

Err. No. He is a career politician having attempted to get elected to either the UK parliament or the EU since 1994, and an MEP since 1999, and has used his political career to get his radio show. 

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Err. No. He is a career politician having attempted to get elected to either the UK parliament or the EU since 1994, and an MEP since 1999, and has used his political career to get his radio show. 

get real:rolleyes: he's a comedian.........

41 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He stood in elections to advance a cause, not for a career. He has a radio show because he's an engaging and relevant person with charisma, not because of a political career. I don't see John Major or Gordon Brown with radio shows.

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

He stood in elections to advance a cause, not for a career. He has a radio show because he's an engaging and relevant person with charisma, not because of a political career. I don't see John Major or Gordon Brown with radio shows.

The reason you don't HEAR either John Major or Gordon Brown with radio shows is simply because they are not salf-aggrandising mendacious twats.

I don't view Farage as engaging or relevant because it's all a carefully nurtured front. The cheeky-chappy, man of the people nonsense. Although it's amazing how many get taken in by it.

If you compare Farage with James O'Brien one thing is obvious, at least how it seems to me, is that O'Brien clearly has a great deal of human empathy and Farage has none.

But then O'Brien hasn't sold his country and it's people down The Swannee.....

Archived