Freebies!

Boo Gay'n

Well if the Isle of Man Government is paying then why not take as many as they can get away with.

It's like when I'm at a free or an as-much-as-much-as-you-can-eat buffet. Take the piss without being too over the top and hope no one notices.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Well if the Isle of Man Government is paying then why not take as many as they can get away with.

It's like when I'm at a free or an as-much-as-much-as-you-can-eat buffet. Take the piss without being too over the top and hope no one notices.

The trouble is, when it's publicised by local media and the participants then make fanfare public comment about it, EVERYBODY notices.

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

This cannot surely be my favourite Roger Mexico in the wrong?

IOM is not a member of the Commonwealth and isn't an ordinary member of the CPA

Yes and no.  It isn't a member of the Commonwealth but it is a full member of the CPA and of some other Commonwealth organisations as well.  Though I think even the sub-national members (state assemblies and so on) have to pay subs (or in some cases don't, judging from the accounts).

• 1 month later...

I know that another thread has started today on the whisky-drinking tour of Auld Reekie by Stephen's Rodent and SIX others, and wonder if the mods could merge it with this one?  We could keep a running record of this farcical rip-off.

The press releases are trying to say how important it all is, and how little it costs - as some sort of charm offensive.  That's about as offensive as crooks asking for my nan's bank passwords over the phone.

Archived