Freebies!

Boo Gay'n

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How a lucrative shopping run in a state capital works?

I thought Jersey was our sworn rival? Is this some undercover, cloak and dagger, Bond-type spying mission to elicit the secret of their success then?

29 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I just saw on Twitter that NINE of our politicians plus the well travelled Clerk of Tynwald are on a "fact finding mission" to Jersey.  What are they going to find out precisely??

Whether or not it takes their Avios points over the 1 million mark.

40 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

How a lucrative shopping run in a state capital works?

I thought Jersey was our sworn rival? Is this some undercover, cloak and dagger, Bond-type spying mission to elicit the secret of their success then?

Yep. They are all in disguise.

41 minutes ago, MrPB said:

They might find out that between 30 June 1940 and 9 May 1945 Jersey and Guernsey was hung out to dry by the UK Government. We still seem to trust Westminster that they will look after us over Brexit. Channel Islands by their history seems to know different. 

I'd be very interested to know what you would have done differently to defend the Channel Islands in 1940 given that the UK mainland population was in mortal peril and at imminent risk of invasion.

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I just saw on Twitter that NINE of our politicians plus the well travelled Clerk of Tynwald are on a "fact finding mission" to Jersey.  What are they going to find out precisely??

Just how gullible and complacent are those taxpayers who are picking up the bill?

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Just how gullible and complacent are those taxpayers who are picking up the bill?

They might not be either of the adjectives if they actually had any say in the matter :angry:

Archived