OddBins no more?

yootalkin2me

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I think Rob actually owns hooded ram, but is backed by the Raj fella.

He doesn’t Raj is the main share holder. I don’t think Rob has a controlling interest and hasn’t had for a while. 

Thanks. That was kind of what I was alluding to.

Someone offers to help set the business up and ends up taking charge.

I don't know Rob, but a family member does and speaks very highly of him . Business must be a fucking minefield sometimes and I am glad I am not involved.

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Thanks. That was kind of what I was alluding to.

Someone offers to help set the business up and ends up taking charge.

I think it’s more a case of someone comes along and tells you that you have set up a great little business.and they can help you expand to meet its full potential. They're already mega successful in the same industry and have loads on contacts and expertise to pass on to help you grow. So you either work your arse off for the next 10 years building it slowly or you accept the money and try to get to where you want to go quicker. But the people who provide the cash to expand want equity in your business to cover their position. Very often you can end up not owning or controlling your own business. 

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I think it’s more a case of someone comes along and tells you that you have set up a great little business.and they can help you expand to meet its full potential. So you either work your arse off for the next 10 years building it slowly or you accept the money and try to get to where you want to go quicker. But the people who provide the cash to expand want equity in your business to cover their position. Very often you can end up not owning or controlling your own business. 

I think that is just about 100% correct. Hence my dislike for these money laden prats.

Archived