OddBins no more?

yootalkin2me

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Isn't the real reason it was turned down because H&B said so?

but but....H & Bs aren't a near neighbour, are they?    ***

Actually, just what has been turned down? To operate Oddbins or a warehousing facility for onward distribution? It would be the latter if the UK decision were being followed?

*** there should be a whistling smiley thingy here but it keeps appearing at the top of the page!!!

On 4/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, Andy Onchan said:

The last time I was at the Cat the food was well below average.

I was at the cat last Friday evening. Everyone (5 of us) thoroughly enjoyed what we'd ordered. In my case the Hake was cooked to a level you would expect in a very much more expensive restaurant. Even asked the waiter to send my compliments to Chef....so I will be returning....no o problemo.

11 hours ago, ecobob said:

It’s only a guess... but has this guy really really pissed off some people who make decisions? There seems to be a lot going on for him and none of it seems particularly good. 

SOME people !!!

On 4/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, Lxxx said:

Absolutely. A genuine fun barn, not like the scruffy greasy thing in Onchan, with a decent pub/restaurant attached would make a killing on here, especially with the amount of cold and wet days we get on the rock.

Hmmn, good point, if done right it would make money. I can't remember what they were supposed to be doing with this one - bar/cafe/play area? Maybe we should group together and make a MF one.

This guy in Bury turned a warehouse into a retro arcade and it's doing really well - (skip to 3:15 to get past the American guy) -

On 4/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, Lxxx said:

Absolutely. A genuine fun barn, not like the scruffy greasy thing in Onchan, with a decent pub/restaurant attached would make a killing on here, especially with the amount of cold and wet days we get on the rock.

Barcade's are a thing it seems - skip to 10 minutes in.

Seems to Oddbins guy got refused permission, would one of these type of things work here?

Archived