OddBins no more?

yootalkin2me

If he (original major shareholder) wanted help and support why couldn’t he have got support (marketing, new equipment and new openings support) from our own Starship Enterprise Allowance Scheme A’s was administered by the off island outfit? Or would support etc not be forthcoming so as to not hurt or offend other well known stakeholders. As we all know the IOM is not exactly known for its fairness, and impartiality and also adhering to the rules of bias when making decisions - not that I’m making any suggestions - just a hypothetical thought. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If he (original major shareholder) wanted help and support why couldn’t he have got support (marketing, new equipment and new openings support) from our own Starship Enterprise Allowance Scheme A’s was administered by the off island outfit? Or would support etc not be forthcoming so as to not hurt or offend other well known stakeholders. As we all know the IOM is not exactly known for its fairness, and impartiality and also adhering to the rules of bias when making decisions - not that I’m making any suggestions - just a hypothetical thought. 

Total bollocks. 

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Lot of unsubstantiated fluff flying around here. If gossiping makes you happy lads crack on.

If only "facts" were allowed on forums, there would be no forums to speak off.

You obviously know the facts in this situation, so maybe be the big man and inform us, so that we don't have to speculate or add 2 +2.

47 minutes ago, WTF said:

the thread title reminds me of the proclaimers ending to letter from america,  maybe a song can be written??

oddbins no more

moochers no more

woolworths no more

be a long list i reckon.

As it looks a bit doom and gloom, if you could squeeze in a reference to the dog getting killed then it's a sure fire country and western number 1

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Today’s Manx Independent makes interesting reading. The HNWI owner of Oddbins has had planning permission refused for a wine warehouse at the Newspapers building.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=47659&headline=In this week's Manx Independent, bad news for Oddbins&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

Google Whittalls Wines Ltd & European Food Brokers Limited v HMRC for the real reasons why it was turned down.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Today’s Manx Independent makes interesting reading. The HNWI owner of Oddbins has had planning permission refused for a wine warehouse at the Newspapers building.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=47659&headline=In this week's Manx Independent, bad news for Oddbins&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

The headline says licensing court. Presumably it was their alcohol license that was refused, that is totally separate from planning permission.

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Isn't the real reason it was turned down because H&B said so?

This time it’s the usual vested interests and the establishment, irrespective of rights and wrongs regarding UK businesses. After all the Isle of Man is separate from the UK so we are forever being told. 

Archived