Dianne Abbott

hissingsid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2019 at 11:55 PM, P.K. said:

it's sad the child died. It's sad when any child dies. But personally I think risking lives to bring her and child back to the UK would be the wrong decision.

By allowing the child to die, the UK has just given IS and all the other wannabe groups under it, all the propaganda they need to recruit more fighters and "brides" to the cause.

Short sighted, knee jerk policy that will be coming back to bite us in the arse for decades to comes (which seems to be par the course regarding Western policy in the Middle East).

24 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

By allowing the child to die, the UK has just given IS and all the other wannabe groups under it, all the propaganda they need to recruit more fighters and "brides" to the cause.

Short sighted, knee jerk policy that will be coming back to bite us in the arse for decades to comes (which seems to be par the course regarding Western policy in the Middle East).

100% her fault anything that happens.......

did she even have a child..........

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

I'm afraid you're right.  The best way to have dealt with this was to play it very low key, not to try to make political capital out of it.

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

she did that not the uk........

I agree but if the government had just remained schtum it would no doubt have ruffled a few feathers but soon blown over.  A week is a long time in politics.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:55 PM, P.K. said:

No I'm not missing international law.

What part of "She has a claim to be Bangladeshi where her father still actually lives" is it that you don't understand?

it's sad the child died. It's sad when any child dies. But personally I think risking lives to bring her and child back to the UK would be the wrong decision.

The Dutch certainly didn't risk their people's lives to bring the child to the Netherlands.....

Archived