Dianne Abbott

hissingsid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deeply unpleasant thread. 

Trivialising threats of violence against a woman. 

It must take a very thick skin to be a woman politician and a resilience against a real nasty streak in human nature to trivialise and joke about violence against women. 

4 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Deeply unpleasant thread. 

Trivialising threats of violence against a woman. 

It must take a very thick skin to be a woman politician and a resilience against a real nasty streak in human nature to trivialise and joke about violence against women. 

What ? 

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

In yesterday's Daily Mail the charmless Dianne says she is frightened of being raped.....I do not think she has a lot to worry about.

This place is getting more Daily Wail by the day!

For a start Diane Abbott didn't "say" anything in that appalling excuse for a newspaper. 

Her comments appear in Women of Westminster, a new book by Labour MP Rachel Reeves.

Miss Abbott, who according to Miss Reeves is the victim of more online abuse than any other female MP, also discussed social media.

‘When I was a new MP if you wanted to write an abusive letter to an MP you literally had to write it out, put it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, walk to the letterbox, and so maybe we got one racist letter a month,’ Miss Abbott said. ‘Now you can press a button to send all of this abuse.’

She added: ‘You don’t get inured to it, it’s very painful and personally corrosive.’ But she would not give in to her abusers, saying: ‘If I was to say I’m going to step down from Parliament because I can’t take it, then they would have won.’

I'm not a big fan of Dianne Abbott.

But she has got one thing right. This decision to remove the citizenship of parents involved with ISIS and leave their children who are British citizens dying of basic illnesses in nothing more than what are Syrian concentration camps is totally wrong and not what we are about or should be fighting for.

If we are to end this Bush/Blair initiated bollocks we have to remember our basic rules and standards. Britain has moved away from that.

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I'm not a big fan of Dianne Abbott.

But she has got one thing right. This decision to remove the citizenship of parents involved with ISIS and leave their children who are British citizens dying of basic illnesses in nothing more than what are Syrian concentration camps is totally wrong and not what we are about or should be fighting for.

If we are to end this Bush/Blair initiated bollocks we have to remember our basic rules and standards. Britain has moved away from that.

Wrong.

Britain has not moved away from basic rules and standards.

Those who willingly joined a very vicious and brutal death cult moved away from Britain!

This isn't rocket science...

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Wrong.

Britain has not moved away from basic rules and standards.

Those who willingly joined a very vicious and brutal death cult moved away from Britain!

This isn't rocket science...

You'd make a good guard. You're missing the international law bit. Convenient of course.

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

You'd make a good guard. You're missing the international law bit. Convenient of course.

You would make a good chugger. You're missing all the death and misery foisted on how many by ISIS? Convenient of course.....

They legally revoked her citizenship. She has a claim to be Bangladeshi where her father still actually lives.

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You would make a good chugger. You're missing all the death and misery foisted on how many by ISIS? Convenient of course.....

They legally revoked her citizenship. She has a claim to be Bangladeshi where her father still actually lives.

I say again... you're missing international law that not only Britain signed up to but created.

Daily Mail bollocks. You've forgotten what we're about.

Fuck Brexit and who've become. I didn't do 9 years in the Air Force for this right wing bollocks.

If that's your country...you can keep it.

I will say the statement that it is too dangerous to send officials is pretty weak.  If they find that a British hostage has survived they wouldn't leave them in some refugee camp. The SAS or Marines would be there basically instantly to bring them back with the press following along with front page coverage.

It is sad that a weeks old baby has been left to die.

Politics is all about priorities, and to decide a new born baby isn't worth the bother due to their mother doesn't reflect well, does it.

No I'm not missing international law.

What part of "She has a claim to be Bangladeshi where her father still actually lives" is it that you don't understand?

it's sad the child died. It's sad when any child dies. But personally I think risking lives to bring her and child back to the UK would be the wrong decision.

8 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I will say the statement that it is too dangerous to send officials is pretty weak.  If they find that a British hostage has survived they wouldn't leave them in some refugee camp. The SAS or Marines would be there basically instantly to bring them back with the press following along with front page coverage.

It is sad that a weeks old baby has been left to die.

Politics is all about priorities, and to decide a new born baby isn't worth the bother due to their mother doesn't reflect well, does it.

terry waite.........

Archived