Ronaldsway Security Privatisation?

Albert Tatlock

On the contrary,  my cushy number is all well an good where I work now, shame you had to have a snipe rather than read and understand something you don't know.

I know more than you guess because i used to work there, so many people assume when they don't know, sadly,,,,,,,,,,

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He's not actually saying much i) we're consulting, ii) we've put them on notice of redundancy, iii) we're looking for suggestions that we agree with otherwise see point ii. For someone who isn't a minister he has the uncanny ability to agree with the Government on pretty much everything except the Post Office.

What he is not saying is how you can make airport security redundant and still have airport security. Why the sudden realisation too much is being spent on the airport hasn't this always been the case? Whatever happened to the extra million or so passengers that were due to go through the airport?

He was responding withiin the context of what the union rep had to say. The dialogue has been ongoing since December it's not something that has happened overnight, the workforce have been involved from the beginning. It's being privatised. 

5 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I’m not slating. They are glorified traffic wardens. Statement of fact. 

And traffic wardens basic pay is similar to their basic pay, but traffic wardens don't start work till after 8am and go home before 6pm and have weekends and maybe bank holidays off?

5 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Life is that hard eh for doing a bit of walking about? Good to see all of your MF posts have been about Ronaldsway Airport. 

Christ if thats all they did, I wouldn't have left in the first place. Naivety is either bliss or stupid, you choose. 

BTW, Am always happy to discuss office working for the Govt like I do now if that please you, just say :-)

13 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

What he is not saying is how you can make airport security redundant and still have airport security. Why the sudden realisation too much is being spent on the airport hasn't this always been the case? Whatever happened to the extra million or so passengers that were due to go through the airport?

A private police force (if that’s what is being proposed) is a bit worrying but let’s face it the job in the IOM is one of the biggest gold-plated skives going. Only surpassed by the airport firemen who can spend a whole 30 year career playing snooker or being in the gym without even attending one fire. 

Harsh on the firemen that. They had to assist when Mount Murray burnt down and of course had to deal with the aftermath of rolling their own fire engine a few years back too. 

Have they replaced the people on the information desk with two arrows pointing to check ins and departures yet? 

Somebodies opinion of whether an individual is worth what they are getting paid I don't think is actually relevant and certainly how somebody that hasn't actually experienced the working conditions and responsibilities can comment beats me. I don't think anybody on here would not "kick off" if suddenly their wage or working conditions that they had experienced over many years was suddenly under threat as we all live a lifestyle in keeping with our available income. 

17 minutes ago, Billy One Mate said:

Somebodies opinion of whether an individual is worth what they are getting paid I don't think is actually relevant and certainly how somebody that hasn't actually experienced the working conditions and responsibilities can comment beats me. I don't think anybody on here would not "kick off" if suddenly their wage or working conditions that they had experienced over many years was suddenly under threat as we all live a lifestyle in keeping with our available income. 

Fair enough it just annoys me when regular posters register new forum accounts to start going on about this sort of stuff. It happenened in the post office thread as well with new posters appearing. So really if they want to wind people up by justifying their own job they should at least use their usual forum names otherwise expect a bit of push back.  

10 hours ago, Billy One Mate said:

It's what happens in the real world pal. It's not nice but don't act all hard done by, everyone else has to make do with the cards they are dealt. Welcome to reality.

Yayy Avsec are safe now then, sure they will have no problem justifying what their pay is now especially as they already made significant savings twice before over the years and have nowt left to give, so as I understand it now, the airport just want to take it from them and no one else.

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

We'll end up paying the same or more if this is privatised in. It's just that the ones doing the job will get a pittance and hence less to spend in the economy while the rest is filtered away to the company providing the service never to be seen again.

You are Tony Blair and I claim my fiver :D.

Archived