Ronaldsway Security Privatisation?

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Though not of their spend into the economy ?

Is this the spend into the Spanish retirement property economy?

Tim Baker has clearly only stated what the airport director has told him, 

I worked at the airport some years ago, got a job with these guys after a couple of years and with working shifts already and seeing them around thought it would be a doddle.Covering 24hrs a day 365 days a year with a roster pattern that was never consistent with so much constant altering to save money, it was actually very tiring and add that to an endless list of duties way beyond the job description I dunno how the long termers have lasted so long.

You think the money is good cos the Airport want 15K off each them, compared to other dept's and who don't work nights at all, the airport seriously need to look elsewhere for money saving based on market rates relevant to that role, the basic is similar to that of a Govt traffic warden.

No other airport has such a diverse dept as the Avsec guys whose security work for the CAA at best is 50% of their duties, there is no comparable rate for that job. Coincidentally last year many Govt employees went through Job evaluation conducted by Beamans involving in depth interviews with staff and their roles, I hear from the staff they were not deemed correctly paid for all the tasks they do which us as public and even once fellow airport workers don't even know about.

Am doing day work now which for me is only a few quid less.

6 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Tim Baker telling it as it is. 

He's not actually saying much i) we're consulting, ii) we've put them on notice of redundancy, iii) we're looking for suggestions that we agree with otherwise see point ii. For someone who isn't a minister he has the uncanny ability to agree with the Government on pretty much everything except the Post Office.

What he is not saying is how you can make airport security redundant and still have airport security. Why the sudden realisation too much is being spent on the airport hasn't this always been the case? Whatever happened to the extra million or so passengers that were due to go through the airport?

24 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Yes it’s clearly such hard work here compared to being an airport ‘policeman’ in Liverpool, Manchester or Birmingham. Where real terrorist threats exist daily and hundreds of thousands of people flow through each day. 

Sorry I didn't say it was hard, I said it was tiring having a 24hr shift pattern continually messed around. I did try to point out which I guess you missed and that was they have avery diverse role, am sure google with show a snap shot of their job description. Just to add to your 2 points, 1) an airport Policeman at any airport is just that and nothing else 2) whether you like it or not ALL UK airports work to the very same threat level which the public should be happy about or do we relax ours different everywhere else until the bad guys find out and decide to cause an atrocity on one of our flights! Only people who work outside an Aviation security world knowing about what goes on, would make an understandable comment like that I guess. 

Archived