Ronaldsway Security Privatisation?

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/union-boss-slams-unprecedented-breaking-of-trust-at-ronaldsway/

Sounds like changes are afoot. About time too.

Keep them coming... we're all fed up paying well above market rates for government workers.

See Rushen Spy's recent post in the Govt Pensions thread.

21 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/union-boss-slams-unprecedented-breaking-of-trust-at-ronaldsway/

Sounds like changes are afoot. About time too.

Keep them coming... we're all fed up paying well above market rates for government workers.

16 people saving 250k  ??   that's over 15.5k saving per person???  they must be on a good number if you could lose that and still be getting a worthwhile wage.

32 minutes ago, WTF said:

16 people saving 250k  ??   that's over 15.5k saving per person???  they must be on a good number if you could lose that and still be getting a worthwhile wage.

Yes but remember when the baggage handlers were getting up to £50K a year through a variety of Spanish practices? So I’m sure £15K is possible. As they’re such a bunch of ignorant rude bastards when you go through it’s hard to think the service quality will go down either if they outsource to a private company. Overpaid rude wankers a good bunch of them. 

If you thought the cash would go to good causes elsewhere this would have to seen as a positive. If we're just cutting staff in one area to add them elsewhere somewhere centrally, which is what will undoubtedly happen, then it's just another example of more deckchair arranging.

7 minutes ago, Supamanx said:

Is this the security as in baggage checks etc ? If so I thought that was already ‘private ‘ ?

Nope, it's this department The ones who seem to spend the majority of their time moving traffic along outside the terminal building because that same traffic is deemed a security risk. 

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes but remember when the baggage handlers were getting up to £50K a year through a variety of Spanish practices? So I’m sure £15K is possible. As they’re such a bunch of ignorant rude bastards when you go through it’s hard to think the service quality will go down either if they outsource to a private company. Overpaid rude wankers a good bunch of them. 

I've found them to be courteous but efficient on the whole but then I try to treat people with the same level of respect as I would expect from them.

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Probably the effect you have on people... you see it a lot on here. :whistling:

10 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

The one on the Klingon language will blow your mind :)

There’s an Aviation Security Officer who speaks Klingon??!!

Archived