Notre Dame burns ---

Rog

12 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

As an engineer, I await with interest the actual cause of the fire ( or what is publicly stated to be the cause).

Oak, even very old Oak, is very difficult to light. 

Let's see what they propose as the cause.

like most of france the oak was/had been infested..........it was treated a few years back apparently.......

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

None of which is evidence that this fire was linked with terrorism or arson.  Chances are that this was a balls up by a contractor working on the restoration but hell, why not dredge up a foiled terrorist attack from 2016 with no links to this fire.  And don't try and say that Notre Dame was the target of that attack - the article you posted just states that the car and gas cylinders were found "near Notre Dame" - the chances are the targets were the many tourists who can be found exploring the area around Notre Dame rather than the building itself.

2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

None of which is evidence that this fire was linked with terrorism or arson.  Chances are that this was a balls up by a contractor working on the restoration but hell, why not dredge up a foiled terrorist attack from 2016 with no links to this fire.  And don't try and say that Notre Dame was the target of that attack - the article you posted just states that the car and gas cylinders were found "near Notre Dame" - the chances are the targets were the many tourists who can be found exploring the area around Notre Dame rather than the building itself.

neil asked for a link........it has been subject to attack recently.........

i think it was madron.........just watch his ratings........

32 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Seemingly becoming very apt. Can't things just be accidents or incidents anymore, why must everything be a conspiracy of some sort?

just something else for you liberal millennial snowflakes to get upset about........

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

just something else for you liberal millennial snowflakes to get upset about........

Liberal? Very much doubt I'm one of them, although I am easily more to the left than you (not that proves anything)

Millennial? I'm a bit old to be one of them.

Snowflake? Again, I'm too old for that and I'm not upset about anything. I just made a comment, don't you think that there is an increasing amount of conspiracies these days? What happened to things just happening by accident? Don't tell me that you really believe that this fire was something other than a sad accident?

48 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Chances are, you dont know what happened because you weren't up there when it started

So what makes you the expert?

Just now, paul's got wright said:

Chances are, you dont know what happened because you weren't up there when it started

So what makes you the expert?

Come on, what he suggests does seem a reasonable assumption. What do you think actually happened?

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Liberal? Very much doubt I'm one of them, although I am easily more to the left than you (not that proves anything)

Millennial? I'm a bit old to be one of them.

Snowflake? Again, I'm too young for that and I'm not upset about anything. I just made a comment, don't you think that there is an increasing amount of conspiracies these days? What happened to things just happening by accident? Don't tell me that you really believe that this fire was something other than a sad accident?

How would you know mojo? 

Archived