Beer Tent

def72

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dilligaf said:

Hope Martin cleans up. You can’t deny his way of doing things, he really is on the ball again this year.

Entertainment is about winners and that is Martin / Bushys. :thumbsup:

He got off to a flier last year mainly down to the weather. Not sure what it’ll be like in the peeing rain and howling wind

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

He got off to a flier last year mainly down to the weather. Not sure what it’ll be like in the peeing rain and howling wind

That will be a tipping point, but you have to hand it to him for being adventurous. Hooded Ram only jumped on the bandwagon and by all accounts have fallen off the back of it, not having a grip on what matters.

No loss in my eyes. I feel very sorry for Rob, as I have it on good authority that he is a decent bloke with good intentions, but has been sucked in by he who should not be named version 2

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

That will be a tipping point, but you have to hand it to him for being adventurous. Hooded Ram only jumped on the bandwagon and by all accounts have fallen off the back of it, not having a grip on what matters.

No loss in my eyes. I feel very sorry for Rob, as I have it on good authority that he is a decent bloke with good intentions, but has been sucked in by he who should not be named version 2

Visited the Villa last year and thought it was very good indeed, but as you say, why do people think the TT is reliant on a beer tent? Pretty sure the pubs around the island would appreciate the business

Just now, dilligaf said:

Be it right or wrong, he has outsmarted the rest.

Look what he had to work with.... :lol:

Just now, dilligaf said:

My memory is not the best, but I don’t recall any pubs trying hard to stop Martin.

Be it right or wrong, he has outsmarted the rest.

Not sure if any did oppose. H&B tried with their tent by the war memorial. Seemed to work out okay for them.

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Not sure if any did oppose. H&B tried with their tent by the war memorial. Seemed to work out okay for them.

Initially I think most pub owners managers or whateve4 thought a tent would be a joke. How wrong eh ?

52 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Hope Martin cleans up. You can’t deny his way of doing things, he really is on the ball again this year.

Entertainment is about winners and that is Martin / Bushys. :thumbsup:

It's undeniable that he 'cleaned up' and that he is an astute businessman but wasn't it also down to good luck, making the best and the glorious weather than made  the Villa gig a success???

:whistling:

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Well all you beer drinking types should take this as a message and just stay at home in TT week and think great thoughts instead of frivolous carousing. So there. 

Your leather pants getting a bit tight on the hips are they Dear? 

Archived