Beer Tent

def72

Just now, dilligaf said:

Someone told me that they thought Raj was the problem, not the cure. I have a family member who knows Rob well and that is good enough for me to say that I hope he does well in whatever he does and feel sorry for him that he trusted the wrong backer.

A Manx rumour is Rob has been well screwed over

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are weirdly hostile towards the hooded ram since the investment came in, but the pub is alright, £3 a pint the other day, and the off licence is ace. Although I've had to ban myself from going in there and spending silly money on beers I've never tried before.

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

People are weirdly hostile towards the hooded ram since the investment came in, but the pub is alright, £3 a pint the other day, and the off licence is ace. Although I've had to ban myself from going in there and spending silly money on beers I've never tried before.

I doubt that anyone had an issue with Rob

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

It was shit organisation last year and only Raj pulling strings that got it over the line. This year no Raj, the Ram is on its arse, there is little management left, so they ambled along. Any Manxie with any local knowledge could tell this was unlikely, except it seems, the landlord who has predictably just come forward and spouted forth 'nowt to do with us gov. ' in doing so, also confirming it will remain a car park.

It’s a typical IOMG farce that’s unraveled to try to monetize the TT in increasingly shit and clueless ways as they haven’t got a clue what they’re doing when is comes to acting commercially. Can you imagine if Martin Brunchweiller hadn’t got the Villa after all the IOMG and Douglas Corporation maneuverings after HR signed a five year deal allegedly negotiated by Allan Bell which has now all but folded after one year? Skelly would probably be kneeling in the gutter outside Martins house begging him to come back to the Bottleneck and to kiss and make up to stop making themselves look total fools as there would now be no TT entertainment and no time to put any on. They’ve been turned over well and good in their quest for “commercial” TT deals and to try to move the event “upmarket” and have tried to put people who have invested a huge amount of time and money into the TT over many, many years out of business in an attempt to try to justify their own useless jobs and blow smoke up the ass of greedy HNWs. This reflects very well on MB as a business man and a long term TT supporter and hopefully this years TT village will be even better than ever.  

Well if Bell (HR advisor/director?) was anywhere near it, a short term existence then implosion was guaranteed. It is/was a trademark.

Not having tentage, acts or beefy boys booked as at two weeks before TT implies not a lot of interest or experience, surely?

I thoroughly second the above opinion of MB, incidentally. He has quite simply shown our shower of snivelling, self serving incompetents (inc DBC) to be exactly what they are.

21 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I thoroughly second the above opinion of MB, incidentally. He has quite simply shown our shower of snivelling, self serving incompetents (inc DBC) to be exactly what they are.

He has and as someone who is not doing it for the profile or to be noticed as a “mover and shaker” or high powered businessman. 

It would be worth reposting the link to the original Bushy’s / Hooded Ram thread that was originally started last year as I’m sure many posters in this thread should be eating humble pie about what they said about Bushy’s and Martin Brunscweiller at the time they were cumming in their pants about the Hooded Ram getting the contract. 

20 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He has and as someone who is not doing it for the profile or to be noticed as a “mover and shaker” or high powered businessman. 

It would be worth reposting the link to the original Bushy’s / Hooded Ram thread that was originally started last year as I’m sure many posters in this thread should be eating humble pie about what they said about Bushy’s and Martin Brunscweiller at the time they were cumming in their pants about the Hooded Ram getting the contract. 

Maybe you should find it, my recollection was that on here at least most people were very supportive of bushys and less than impressed at the prospect of the hooded ram taking it on.

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Maybe you should find it, my recollection was that on here at least most people were very supportive of bushys and less than impressed at the prospect of the hooded ram taking it on.

There are quite a few who seem to have changed their tune above. I found a link but it was the wrong one. There were quite a few supporting HR at the time. 

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Someone told me that they thought Raj was the problem, not the cure. I have a family member who knows Rob well and that is good enough for me to say that I hope he does well in whatever he does and feel sorry for him that he trusted the wrong backer.

Rob is a good guy. Did well creating the HR brand from humble beginnings. The trajectory of the company was slow but steady, his probably only fault was seeing quick dollars through the utterings of Raj and unfortunately fell for the patter. A hard lesson I’m sure felt by thousands of startups. 

Good luck to Rob. Maybe next time he’ll learn from this.  

27 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There are quite a few who seem to have changed their tune above. I found a link but it was the wrong one. There were quite a few supporting HR at the time. 

Notwell? The gov shill. 

Archived