Beer Tent

def72

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MrPB said:

Not really as I can’t be bothered dealing with the usual argumentative trolls on here who are just looking for ammunition to start another argument with. Suffice to say. They have not got their act together and it is only a few weeks before TT - so presumably it was so bad last year they couldn’t be bothered repeating the experience otherwise they’d have re booked the same catering and other services they used last year by now and their application wouldn’t have been turned down. 

It was a fair question answered with insults as per usual.

You are adding 2+2 and coming up with something other than 4. You don't know the ins and outs of this but feel compelled to guess that they didn't want to do it again. If that were the case they would simply have not bothered applying for a licence or wasting time going to court.

3 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

After five pages of discussion on the words 'Beer' and 'Tent' is it now perhaps time to broaden the discussion by introducing a new angle? How about 'Portaloo'?

Not having drunk in a portaloo, I'll leave this up to you to educate us... :D

3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

They could have gone to a new site, rather than pushing out Bushys

Yep ok. That was all pretty shitty stuff. Do HR have friends on Douglas Council?

As things turned out, it was good for Bushy's and more importantly, good for the TT.

Incidentally, I was flabbergasted to hear a Douglas Councillor, soon after the TT, whinging that Bushy's got the Villa Marina site from Government without putting in a tender. (Think about that).

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

It was a fair question answered with insults as per usual.

You are adding 2+2 and coming up with something other than 4. You don't know the ins and outs of this but feel compelled to guess that they didn't want to do it again. If that were the case they would simply have not bothered applying for a licence or wasting time going to court.

Well....they hadn't apparently booked a marquee, security or acts either....?

36 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Well....they hadn't apparently booked a marquee, security or acts either....?

If anything then, I would say they are guilty of poor management and planning. As I said earlier, if the intention was not to bother then why go through all the bother of going to court to get a licence?

10 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

If anything then, I would say they are guilty of poor management and planning. As I said earlier, if the intention was not to bother then why go through all the bother of going to court to get a licence?

Further penalty fees?

42 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Further penalty fees?

If, as suggested, the Hooded Ram had no intention of running a beer tent this year, Is there a penalty for not applying for a licence?

49 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

If, as suggested, the Hooded Ram had no intention of running a beer tent this year, Is there a penalty for not applying for a licence?

No. Except that without one you can’t supply alcohol.

It was shit organisation last year and only Raj pulling strings that got it over the line. This year no Raj, the Ram is on its arse, there is little management left, so they ambled along. Any Manxie with any local knowledge could tell this was unlikely, except it seems, the landlord who has predictably just come forward and spouted forth 'nowt to do with us gov. ' in doing so, also confirming it will remain a car park.

3 minutes ago, english zloty said:

It was shit organisation last year and only Raj pulling strings that got it over the line. This year no Raj, the Ram is on its arse, there is little management left, so they ambled along. Any Manxie with any local knowledge could tell this was unlikely, except it seems, the landlord who has predictably just come forward and spouted forth 'nowt to do with us gov. ' in doing so, also confirming it will remain a car park.

Someone told me that they thought Raj was the problem, not the cure. I have a family member who knows Rob well and that is good enough for me to say that I hope he does well in whatever he does and feel sorry for him that he trusted the wrong backer.

Archived