HORSE TRAMS

Neil Down

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

That is a loss to the operator, but the trams are an earner overall by being part of what we offer. As in the trains, trams, horsetrams, scenery, death race etc.

I disagree.

their absence wouldn’t have made any difference to visitor numbers

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can't move it to the side over that part of the prom because it is needed for parking for all the old hotels which have been turned into flats. Fuck Dandara, project centurian and douglas 2000 for their dreams of a promenade housing estate.

13 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I disagree.

their absence wouldn’t have made any difference to visitor numbers

But I have lived here 60+ years and know a damn sight more than you about what goes on Derek

I had a lot of respect for you as a copper and asI told you a while ago , as a parent when your daughter started her career

I do not however believe you know anything about the health service or indeed the wider picture of Manx life.

You have your opinion same as I have mine, but you do not have a handle on how things are here .

Very different to across

We value our heritage and history and most would fight tooth and nail to keep it

Bollocks to the way some would like it. If Manxlife is alien to what you want, you know the answer

But our forebears had no compunction about disposing of previous technology when it had outlived its purpose or was no longer financially viable. We have to be prepared to make choices. In this case, is it worth retaining a £400k pa loss on the grounds that it attracts 400 (say) people a year who would probably come for the MER and train anyway?

I DREAD to think what the final bill will be for the horsetrams if you include the track and the new stable thingy. Far more, I'd suggest than we are currently being told. Questions about the cost of the tracks now, I believe, well over the odds as usual.

I don't doubt that when finished it'll be well patronised for a couple of months out of novelty value. After that.....enjoy your tax bills.

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I DREAD to think what the final bill will be for the horsetrams if you include the track and the new stable thingy. Far more, I'd suggest than we are currently being told. Questions about the cost of the tracks now, I believe, well over the odds as usual.

I don't doubt that when finished it'll be well patronised for a couple of months out of novelty value. After that.....enjoy your tax bills.

Well we now have the new massive temporary tent thingy with the tracks extended into the old Summerland carpark to reach it,  before we even get to the new massive tram car garage / stable thingy. I reckon close to £3M by the time the new structure is up. So that they can oversee losing £300K a year from better buildings. You really couldn’t make it up! 

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But I have lived here 60+ years and know a damn sight more than you about what goes on Derek

We value our heritage and history and most with fighttoothandnaul to keep it

Bollocks to the way some would like it. If Manxlife is alien to what you want, you know the answer

Agree totally about the value of Manx heritage  , some on here really don't realise just what this island has in the way of historic transportation.

2 minutes ago, paswt said:

Agree totally about the value of Manx heritage  , some on here really don't realise just what this island has in the way of historic transportation.

It’s scrap we could well do without. Invest in new electric trams that dont clog up traffic and spread shit everywhere. 

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s scrap we could well do without. Invest in new electric trams that dont clog up traffic and spread shit everywhere. 

what's all this "we" cobblers ?

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Jesus H  walks away shaking head

13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Like the song says “ you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone”

Never mind paving paradise and putting up parking lots

Ok then Dilli. How many times were you on the trams last year?

Archived