HORSE TRAMS

Neil Down

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

And not a tram line in sight.

marrakech_2510_1.jpg

Surely then some enterprising enthusiast could provide something like this as a private venture saving the taxpayer a small fortune. The tram track they have laid so far could be pulled up and just have smooth tarmac roads. Okay it''ll be a hit in the pocket on what's been done so far but long term it has to be a saving

Dammit, I forgot our elected inbreds don't like the word "save"

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

How much is that completely over the top steel framed marquee they are erecting at Summerland costing? 

It's of no concern to the plebs. Plenty of new taxation opportunities in the pipeline will keep the funding flowing.

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Nearly half a million quid to run them this year...and they'll be lucky to take £40k.

And the Corpy offloaded them when they were costing nearly that previously and Gawnio said his DOI could run them cheaper. Such vision.

I had a spare half hour last evening so took a run down the prom to see what all the fuss is about.

How on earth they expect it to be in any semblance of readiness before TT is beyond me. 

And how, when they had the opportunity for change, did they still manage to lay parallel lines down the CENTRE of the road, where alighting passengers have to step into the path of vehicular traffic? 

It is perhaps our finest omnishambles to date, and there have been a few. 

15 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I had a spare half hour last evening so took a run down the prom to see what all the fuss is about.

How on earth they expect it to be in any semblance of readiness before TT is beyond me. 

And how, when they had the opportunity for change, did they still manage to lay parallel lines down the CENTRE of the road, where alighting passengers have to step into the path of vehicular traffic? 

It is perhaps our finest omnishambles to date, and there have been a few. 

I am all for keeping the trams, but I now concede they should have been moved to the walkway, not put back in the road at more expense.

11 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Even at a 300k loss per annum?

That is a loss to the operator, but the trams are an earner overall by being part of what we offer. As in the trains, trams, horsetrams, scenery, death race etc.

Archived