Nursery recommendations

Manxnewbie123

On 7/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, The Phantom said:

Age of child?  If under 2 there are very few places available and you have to reserve a place way in advance (almost before even getting pregnant). 

There must be an awful  lot of business opportunities to set a nursery school up if that is the case then, what is the going rate, or do the government provide the funding / set up costs ?

16 hours ago, LightBulb said:

There must be an awful  lot of business opportunities to set a nursery school up if that is the case then, what is the going rate, or do the government provide the funding / set up costs ?

You'd think so wouldn't you, but I think under 2's are just a pain in the ass from a business point of view, as you need additional staff to cover. 

I don't know exact numbers, but it's something along the lines of one staff member per three children under 2, whereas for over 2 one staff member can look after five children.  I don't think the returns are that huge for the extra staffing.  Baby Phantom pays £50 per day and I think when over 2 this goes down to £40

You might get a small injection from the Govt on their generic business start up scheme, but I don't think they provide any direct contributions to nurseries. 

Archived