You Kipper UKIPpers - a Brexit story (take 2)

parchedpeas

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

Bacon from the Peel smoke house is pretty good, too.

I prefer my bacon unsmoked for what it’s worth.

Moving slightly off topic, why don’t you see Smoky Bacon Crisps for sale anymore?

Maybe they are and I’ve just not seen them.

My particular favourite,pickled onion crisps are very hard to track down but worth the effort (particularly Walkers)

48 minutes ago, quilp said:

@The Voice of Reason Smokey bacon still available, specsavers is the next shop you need to go to. 🤭

Usually only if you buy mulitpacks. I am amazed to see Golden Wonder now and again and remember when they were more prevalent than Walkers. 

I still think cheese and onion tastes better out of a green pack than a blue one and vice versa with the salt and vinegar. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CallMeCurious said:

Usually only if you buy mulitpacks. I am amazed to see Golden Wonder now and again and remember when they were more prevalent than Walkers. 

I still think cheese and onion tastes better out of a green pack than a blue one and vice versa with the salt and vinegar. 😉

Golden Wonder salt and vinegar were always more “tangy” than Walkers. And better for it.

Back in the day all crisps came with that little blue, waxy sachet of salt which sat in one of the corner's in the bottom of the bag. You'd have to scoff a few crisps to get to it, and smash some to bits trying to retrieve it.

Oh for the simpler days of yore, when politically-correct prudes were a thing of the future and honest men knew where they stood- outside the ladies changing-rooms and not within; where the expression, "bodies with vaginas" (see this month's Lancet for reference) would have brought exclamations of puzzle and wonderment on discovery. 

Edited by quilp
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

Back in the day all crisps came with that little blue, waxy sachet of salt which sat in one of the corner's in the bottom of the bag. You'd have to scoff a few crisps to get to it, and smash some to bits trying to retrieve it.

Oh for the simpler days of yore, when politically-correct prudes were a thing of the future and honest men knew where they stood- outside the ladies changing-rooms and not within; where the expression, "people with vaginas" (see this month's Lancet for reference) would have brought exclamations of puzzle and wonderment on discovery. 

And pork scratching had a totally different meaning.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Ready salted chipsticks were my all time fave. They don't make them anymore, which is fair enough but why do they keep rubbing it in by making salt and vinegatlr ones still?

Here you go: https://groceries.asda.com/product/sharing-crisps-party-snacks/asda-ready-salted-sharing-potato-sticks-snacks/910002726262

Let me know if you'd like some and I'll get them for you next time I'm over in the land of milk and honey.... and chipsticks!