Best little prison

De nada

5 hours ago, dilligaf said:

No Barrie, the old boy in the prog was not The Yank, ( Frank Shimmin ). Frank is still going strong at 80+, still lives in his own house and apart from his van, still rides a push bike daily. I still wouldn’t argue with him either.;)

I am sure his 90th birthday was in the paper but it was long time ago...

5 hours ago, dilligaf said:

No Barrie, the old boy in the prog was not The Yank, ( Frank Shimmin ). Frank is still going strong at 80+, still lives in his own house and apart from his van, still rides a push bike daily. I still wouldn’t argue with him either.;)

I have just watched the episode about the Heron (Toughest pub etc) I confirm that the 93 year old named as "Frank" shown as being refused any more rum is the one known to me as "Yankee Frank" and who was a regular in the arcades where he had to be cautioned for damaging a machine. In the programme they say that in the Heron he "nutted" a much younger man and knocked him out for "pushing in"...The YouTube post I watched was put there in 2013 but they appear to be smoking so the actual programme was some time ago now.. I think "Yankee Frank" must be dead and gone.

36 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I have just watched the episode about the Heron (Toughest pub etc) I confirm that the 93 year old named as "Frank" shown as being refused any more rum is the one known to me as "Yankee Frank" and who was a regular in the arcades where he had to be cautioned for damaging a machine. In the programme they say that in the Heron he "nutted" a much younger man and knocked him out for "pushing in"...The YouTube post I watched was put there in 2013 but they appear to be smoking so the actual programme was some time ago now.. I think "Yankee Frank" must be dead and gone.

All I can say is, that most people here know Frank Shimmin, he of rowing boats fame and White City stalls, as “Frank the Yank”,

No idea who the old boy in the pub was.

14 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

All I can say is, that most people here know Frank Shimmin, he of rowing boats fame and White City stalls, as “Frank the Yank”,

No idea who the old boy in the pub was.

It was Yankee Frank I referred to and he is in the TV show....He is not Frank the Yank ...two different people similar names.... and Yankee Frank the 93 year old in the Heron was not of the rowies or white city...

Archived